Previous Presidential Ponderings

Started by Andzzy, July 17, 2020, 12:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andzzy

Hello everyone! As part of the milestone 10th anniversary, I have been collecting some thoughts from the previous Presidents of The Last Outpost. Please find their remarks below. For my part, I just want to say that I have been here for almost the full 10 years of TLO's history and I am proud to have been part of some amazing moments here. We've had our fair share of ups and downs but I simply would not be the same person that I am today if not for the many people and games that have shaped me here. I joined during Ulysses entirely by accident, and I've been here ever since. RPG-X shaped me through my teenage and early adult years and I can't even begin to imagine what life might have looked like had I not decided to randomly log back in to RPG-X years after the shutdown of my former group, PulseFusion. Thank you to everyone and now, without further ado, please read the Ponderings below:

==============Serris==============

My time at The Last Outpost has been equal parts rewarding and equal parts challenging, both personally and professionally. Likewise, I've invested a lot into this community, and hope to see its continued growth beyond the ten year anniversary this month.

==================================

==============Veritas==============

It's deeply gratifying to see that a community I helped create ten years ago is still kicking. For me, leading TLO was a formative experience - I was sixteen when it was started, and twenty when I stepped down. The friendships I made here, and the challenges we worked to overcome together, have made an enormous, positive mark on my life, even now. (In fact, the work I did at TLO may have helped me get into college *and* my current job.)

I think the values TLO was founded on - transparency, equity, and community - are even more important now than they were when this place was created. I didn't always live up to them as well as I could have, but I hope that I did so often enough to have made a positive difference. I hope that TLO is, and continues to be, a home for you as much as it was for me. It's not my ship, anymore, but its mission is the same.

Thank you all for being a part of TLO's story.

Veritas

===================================

==============Jenson==============

As we celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the founding of TLO. It's amazing to see how far our little group has come over the past decade, and I look forward to seeing how it continues to develop in the decade to come. As I've said each anniversary: the growth and success of TLO is thanks to you all, the members, and it has been a pleasure to see this group grow and develop. TLO has played an important part in my life and, I know, in the lives of many of our members. We have also served an important function with keeping RPG-X developed and alive, and I look forward to seeing what opportunities the next decade will present for both TLO and RPG-X. It will forever be my greatest honor to have served as the first President of TLO, and I look forward to seeing how its leaders--present and future--will continue to guide the community in the years to come.

==================================