A Year to Remember

Started by Serris, November 22, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serris

2020 has been a tremendous year, for better or worse. Together, we've all faced unimaginable personal and professional disruptions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that have tested our resolve. This community is no exception to the bleak state of affairs, not just this year, but over the last few years. The Last Outpost closed out the last decade with a tumultuous cycle in leadership and a lack of direction. Our personal struggles have only served to pull our attention away from our community and make this worse, especially as of late.

Look to the world around us. In America alone, despite uncontrolled case numbers, there are now two promising candidates for vaccination against COVID-19. Even in darkness, there is hope. I feel your frustrations with our stagnation and lack of direction, and those frustrations now have a voice and substantial influence in shaping this community. There is hope for The Last Outpost's future. Still, despite my overwhelming urge to hit the ground running with sweeping reforms, if this year has taught us anything, it's that it is a time to be careful and considerate. I will be holding a Cabinet Meeting after the American Thanksgiving holiday in early December to confer with my colleagues in the Cabinet and the membership, get an assessment of the current state of affairs, and make decisions accordingly.

Scheduling pending, I invite you all to join me in this meeting, and lay the foundation for a better future for The Last Outpost. My private messages on the forum and on our Discord are open. Please do not hesitate to come to me with your feedback, your ideas, and your visions for this community. I want to encourage a more open, constructive dialogue and camaraderie within our community. Every input counts, now more than ever.