RPGXCE

Started by Ryan McFalson, June 16, 2011, 11:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veritas

QuoteI don't really see what it matters about a new version of the map. This is obviously a problem in RPGXCE, and if there is indeed a problem in RPGXCE, then it's irrelevant whether it's just this map at the moment or not - the point is, there's something wrong, something that could prevent RPGXCE users from enjoying future maps if they, for whatever reason, are also affected by this problem. Have the technicians looked into this issue yet?

It is -entirely- likely that it's a problem with a version of the map. The problem could be IGNORED in some versions of Elite Force, or may only manifest in collaboration with another issue which is itself a part of RPGXCE, but I'm not sure how you can come to the conclusion that it is solely RPGXCE's fault this issue occurs - since, if it were an RPGXCE issue ONLY, it'd likely occur on OTHER maps as well.

I was able to replicate this issue in my own rpgxEF/RPGXCE install, but solving it is going to require assistance from the people who made the map, as I'll need to know what resources the map uses, and where they come from. The JPEG error it reports means that an image/texture JPEG the game is trying to load has been corrupted and is unusable; this corrupted file could be one of the literally thousands in Elite Force's basic files, it could be one of hundreds in RPG-X and rpgxEF's filebase, or it could be a file within the map itself. In order to know, I need to know what resources the map is using - then I need to look at each and every one until I locate the file that is causing the issue.

Edit/Update: I've done some testing. At Telex's suggestion, I removed pak3.pk3 from the baseEF directory, and Vanderbilt began to function. Pak3 contains the Elite Force stock maps; it's included separately within RPGXCE in order to allow users who have RPGXCE to play on them. There must be a conflict within it somewhere.