ioEF 1.38 test version + windows x64 build

Started by Thilo, August 02, 2011, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSIO01

Hey Thilo,

it's nice to see a new version of ioEF released and especially to have a new patch for ioquake 3. That'll make it a lot easier to get an updated version of rpgxEF done. I'm also happy to hear that the renderer modularization is finally there and I'm looking forward to the modern rendering techniques being implemented in future.

As to your question what I had to do to fix the mentioned errors. To fix them I had to increase MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS and as a result of that of course MAX_CONFIGSTRINGS and MAX_MSGLEN as well. I increased MAX_MODELS and the entity limit later. I also and added shader remapping.

And just to clear things up for you other people the Lua implementation in RPG-X does not require rpgxEF at all as it is completely implemented in the gamecode. The only reason why it is only available for the rpgxEF right now is that I'm a bit too lazy to release  betas for both vEF/ioEF/ioCow and rpgxEF.

EDIT:
You're right about libmysql. I have already planned to remove mysql from rpgxEF in the next update though so that'll fix that.