May 2012- Events, Officers, Election, oh my!

Started by Jenson, May 02, 2012, 10:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenson

[align=center:1d0ml63a]The Last Outpost
Monthly Report - May 2012[/align:1d0ml63a]

Community Day

The next community day will take place on Saturday, May 26th. Community day occurs every few months, filled with many events hosted across our gaming divisions and sub-divisions. Community day also features an awards ceremony, where promotions and awards are handed out to members who have preformed exceptionally in the past few months. More information about events and times will be posted soon, and the Senate is currently working on the specifics. If you need to mark your calenders now, you can note that the Awards Ceremony starts around 5 PM EST (10 PM GMT).

If you have any specific questions or suggestions about Community Day, please direct them to our events planner, Grizz.

Minecraft

I am pleased to announce that Criminula has been nominated and confirmed as the new Minecraft XO. Criminula has been extremely active in Minecraft, and should prove to be a valuable addition to the team. Congratulations, Criminula, I look forward to working with you!

Also, activity within the Minecraft division has increased significantly this past month. Hellfire and Criminula are looking into installing anti-griefing software on the Minecraft server to make sure that worlds aren't damaged by trolls.

2 Minecraft events are upcoming, including a survival and building event. More information can be found in the Minecraft forums.

By-Election

With the departure of Klaw, a seat has opened up on the Senate. Special elections have been organized in order to fill this vacancy. For more information, please check out my executive order in the Executive Office. If you would like to run for the open seat, please check out the topic here.

The Newsletter

As you may have noticed in the Senate chambers, TLO has restored its Newsletter project under the direction of JohnF. Since no application was received for the position of Sub-Editor, Griffiths has stepped in to take the position. Congratulations, Griffiths!

More information on further job posts, as well as future publications, will be released in due time. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for the newsletter, please direct them to JohnF.

Sins of a Solar Empire

Unfortunately, no members responded to the job post to fill the SoaSE sub-division coordinator position, despite an extension. After consideration, the Senate has voted to abandon implimentation of the sub-division, as a coordinator is absolutely essential for any sub-division to become established.

The Senate is currently working on establishing guidelines in future for adding new sub-divisions, which will include measures to make sure that we don't end up announcing support for a game without knowing that there are member(s) interested in leading it. There may be a chance that we will bring back the sub-division in the future, but this will require a qualified member stepping forward who is interested in leading the sub-division.

Rank Changes

With the expansion of TLO into many other games, the Senate has noted a need to modify our rank structure to address the fact that many of our members play multiple games. They are also grappling with the question of how to make the academy desirable to complete, while not holding down RPG-X only members at recruit. I anticipate that the Senate will take further action on this shortly, stay tuned. As always, if you have any thoughts to add to that discussion, please let Veritas know, or make a post in the appropriate discussion forum.

RPG-X

The RPG-X division will be putting on a mini-series during the summer months. A mini-series idea will be put to a vote of the membership, so keep an eye on the polling booth for more information, and make sure to cast your vote if you play RPG-X!

With the departure of Klaw, the position of RPG-X CO has opened up. A job post will be made shortly, members who are interested should send in their applications. Until an RPG-X CO is selected, TalusRoben will be acting head of the RPG-X division.

STO

SFC has informed me that he will be putting on several events for STO in the coming months. Stay tuned to the STO sub-division forums for more information!

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Signed,

President of the Last Outpost