August 2012- Speak to Me of Community Day, O Speaker

Started by Jenson, August 01, 2012, 01:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenson

[align=center:3ms77mjq]The Last Outpost
Monthly Report - August 2012[/align:3ms77mjq]

Community Day

We're due to have another Community Day this August! For those of you who are new, Community Days happen every 3 months and are filled with gaming events, culminating in an awards ceremony where Promotions and Awards are issued. Stay tuned for more information about dates and events!

Speakership

Veritas has announced that he will be stepping down as Speaker of the Senate as soon as a replacement is voted in by the Senate, due to his upcoming college commitments. Veritas will be remaining on board as a Senator. Please join me in thanking him for his service to the community as Speaker of the Senate. I'm quite sure he'll be remaining an active part of the TLO community for many months to come!

Griffiths has been selected by the Senate to succeed Veritas as Speaker, and today is his first day on the job! Please join me in congratulating him on his new position; I'm confident he will do an excellent job!

Shoutbox Reminder

Last month we had several incidents in the shoutbox where inappropriate comments were made. Please remember that the CoC and Forum Rules apply to the shoutbox just as they would in any other part of the forum. The Senate and IA department have been allowing a lot of latitude there, and haven't taken any formal disciplinary action this month. From now on, however, the IA department will be taking shoutbox issues much more seriously and will proceed with formal disciplinary action against moderate/serious violations of the rules. If you have any questions about what is or is not appropriate, please don't hesitate to PM Griffiths, myself, or another member of the Senate for clarification.

Donations Drive

I am pleased to announce that we have met our donations goal for this year, which will ensure that all of our services are funded through next year. A special thanks to everyone who donated and who provided prizes. Stay tuned for more information about the results of prize drawings, and I'll be sending out those letters soon!

Diplomacy Updates

As I announced earlier, STR has signed a merger agreement with TLO. Please join me in welcoming incoming STR officers to the community. We're glad to have you with us! Additionally, TLO has signed a Mutual Cooperation Treaty with Section 31.

Additionally, I am pleased to announce that Spock has been appointed to the diplomacy department as a diplomat. Spock has had extensive diplomatic experience from his time in STR, and I'm looking forward to working with him. Spock will be spearheading the diplomatic department's STO initiative as part of a larger plan to help move STO closer to becoming a full division again.

The Old Republic Sub-Division

As part of our merger agreement with STR, TLO has re-activated our TOR sub-division. Per the terms of the agreement BobO369 has been appointed as the TOR sub-division coordinator. If you're interested in joining the TOR sub-division, please post in the check in thread located here.

New Members

Please join me in welcoming new members who have joined or returned to us in the past month:

Everett Young
Toiler2
Durir
Spock
BobO396
Mr. D
Jim
adtr223
Himble
Skylark
GregColmer
Kerchek

Once again, welcome to TLO! We're glad to have you with us!

Ex Astra

If you haven't already, check out the latest version of Ex Astra, TLO's official newsletter, located here. Thanks again to JohnF, Grizz, and the entire press staff for putting together another exceptional issue!

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Signed,

President of the Last Outpost