Map-Pack for Newbies...

Started by Danfun64, January 20, 2013, 01:59:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danfun64

Hello. I just recently began to start playing this game. And I find that there are many maps on the server which don't come in the complete edition of RPG-X. Since I'm a beginner, I would appreciate a map pack containing essential levels needed for the server.

Thanks in advance.
In-game I appear as "Scrappy the Terrible"

Klaw

There are a couple issues here

1. a map pack of "essentials" would be a huge file to download.

2. alot of map makers aren't around anymore... so we can't exactly ask for permission to include their map in such a thing.

I like the idea (and I'm working on a map pack of my own works) but it wouldn't be practical for the reasons listed above.

Your best bet is, when you see a map on the server that you've never played on, look in our downloads section

or, use Eliteforce files and you should be able to find what you're looking for (Maybe 95% of the time)

Martin Thompson

Once we finish our downloads systems, we can make a special page listing all "essential"  downloads. I think that would be a good idea as you would have all basic files listed ther without having to download 50 gb's worth of data in one package (and ther's also the author issue mentioned by Klaw).

Danfun64

earlier on your server I noticed that I lacked 6 pk3's on my system. I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to have them (not supposed to be there) but if that isn't the case... not to mention you have no download link. So it would take HOURS to download everything. Then the server restarts without those maps while the download is incomplete. Yeah...

The first one it tried to download is zzzzzzzzzz_normandy_v2.pk3 or something like that. I couldn't find said map for some reason. Again, if that is only for certain players then it doesn't matter. If that isn't the case....

Veritas

Are you using RPGXCE, Danfun64?

If so, in the launcher, make sure that Allow Autodownloading is unchecked.

Martin Thompson

Quote from: Veritas on January 20, 2013, 04:23:28 pm
Are you using RPGXCE, Danfun64?

If so, in the launcher, make sure that Allow Autodownloading is unchecked.

Indeed, you should NEVER download maps using the game itself. That system is kinda bugged and it would takes hours for you to get a map. Like mentioned we are working on the downloads system and once it is done you can get all maps from our website at good speeds.

Veritas

Also, if a specific map is broken in the system or you need help finding it, you can let me know. :)

Danfun64

There were a couple that I couldn't find they were used on the server today. pak51.pk3 and eclipse.pk3

SFC3

Tim

Quote from: Danfun64 on January 27, 2013, 02:50:24 pm
There were a couple that I couldn't find they were used on the server today. pak51.pk3 and eclipse.pk3

Mine can't find those either.  It also shows the normandy_v2 map and I have that map already and I have it in the correct directory.  I also have auto downloading turned off.
Everything else works without those unless someone connects to the server while I am and uses a model file that I don't have. Does the eclipse.pk3 file have model files in it?

Klaw

I don't even know what eclipse.pk3 is....

If your being dropped from the server during a map change, or someone is using a model you don't have and an error pops up, it's simply because you don't have the file that's being used....

The downloads section here and eliteforce2.filefront.com will be your friends.

Tim

Quote from: Klaw on January 27, 2013, 03:17:19 pm
I don't even know what eclipse.pk3 is....

If your being dropped from the server during a map change, or someone is using a model you don't have and an error pops up, it's simply because you don't have the file that's being used....

The downloads section here and eliteforce2.filefront.com will be your friends.

What is the pak51.pk3 file for?

It did have an error about eclipse models or skins.  Someone on the server was using them.  I think they said it was for BI.
I will search for these files.

SFC3

There's not such thing as eclipse. It should be expanse.

Danfun64

January 27, 2013, 04:41:29 pm #14 Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:58:33 pm by Danfun64
Quote from: SFC3 on January 27, 2013, 04:09:43 pm
There's not such thing as eclipse. It should be expanse.

You're right. It IS expanse.

edit:

Quote from: Veritas on January 27, 2013, 04:12:48 pm
Here's something that might be helpful to you:

http://forums.ubergames.net/files/file/12-the-redtechie-baseef-o-rama-collection/

That pack doesn't include either of those two pk3's.