Ishimura Update: March 2013

Started by Andromeda, March 15, 2013, 12:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andromeda

Out of the Kickstart, into the Dynamic
Ishimura is now exiting what Myself and Andzzy call the Kickstart Period. This is the first 5 to 8 Episodes which is mostly narrative. This is to ease you into the SRP, explain the history, situation and whats going on. From Episode 7 and Onward we will be in the Dynamic Period. But what is this?

Dynamic Period is when all things affect the story. If the CMO Accidentally releases say.. a stomach bug into the air, Until he has completely eradicated it from the ship it will continue to exist in future episodes until he cures it. Another example would be if in one Episode the Ships Nacelle gets blown out and it's completely ruined, until it's fixed it will remain that way and we won't retcon anything.

This also means that your Sub-Plots make a difference. There is a line. You can have your character badly injured say.. shot or thrown off the upper floor of engineering and breaking your spine, until thats sorted you will be like that, we won't magically fix you. Or if in your subplot you destroy a dilithium crystal, that could be our last, we won't magically fix it either, we will go find another.

Or if the Engineers or another officer causes all of our duterium to get ejected into space, we will have to get more to keep the Fusion Core's online or go through a long process of re-collecting what was just ejected.

However, things that cause major issues for the Main Story of the Episode, such as if in one Episode the whole Human crew is infected with a Virus that only affects Humans but your Human character is magically immune, we will inform you as you can't be magically immune to something the Human body has never encountered before.

Or if the Episodes plot is about saving a ship full of Romulans (Why Romulans would be here is beyond me but its just an example) and you have a personal bias over them and launch torpedoes to kill them all, we will retcon that and you will be informed.

By Informed I mean that if any Ishimura Admins or RPGX Staff feel your Sub-Plot is getting a bit too disruptive we will give you a Warning. These people would be Andzzy as the SRP Leader, Myself as SRP Co-Leader and RPGX XO, Telex Ferra as RPG-X CO and Klaw and Gregory House as special Admins. You will be given a maximum of 3 Warnings. Upon reaching your third Warning you will get a Strike on the SRP,

If you get 3 Strikes we will contact you for a conference chat in Skype or through another medium and discuss your future with the SRP and if we feel it nessisary we will respectfully ask you quit the SRP but you give a choice between leaving or staying. If you decide to stay, we will talk to you about what can be done to ensure this does not occur again.

Episode Update

The Number of Episodes have been increased from 10 to 20. This has allowed us to add more to this season and allow you more to explore on. It also allows us to expand more on current events and the primary story arc as well as introduce one of the other Civilizations next to the Terran Coalition, which at the moment is the Only ISA Presence in the Galaxy the Ishimura is lost in. (There will be a thread detailing this)

The Map
The Ishimura map is still being developed. Sorry for no updates however Sparky (Motoko on the forums) has been very busy with Work and his other map the SSV Normandy SR2. As already stated this Ishimura is a rebuild of the Voyager-A Map which we currently used.

However unlike that Map, it won't be done in just a few days but rather over the course of a few months. Hopefully it will be ready for Season 2. I am truly sorry for any issues here.

Writer Q&A and Ask Me Anything
Myself and Andzzy will be holding an Ask Me Anything over the next few days, check the forums for the appropriate thread. It will be linked onto this thread and the Shoutbox when ready.

Ready for Q&A: http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5047.new.html#new