Expanded AF Experience!

Started by Grizz, June 12, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Good morning, good afternoon or good evening... wherever and whenever you may be.

This is just to let you know that we are going to be bringing you an even more substantial Asteroid Field experience! Through the use of TwitchTV streaming, AF will be introducing optional pre and post-RP events and activities in 30 minute segments on both sides of the roleplay itself. There is no definitive list of everything that may occur within these timeslots - however there are some certainties.

Firstly, before the episode begins, there will be a selection of warm-up activities. This could be anything from SRP trivia to parody videos - and all warmup tracks included in the music pack will be removed to save space, and be transferred to the stream for some opt-in easy listening.

Following the episode, there will be time for immediate discussion of the previous two hours for those willing to stick around. This is a quick and easy way to give us your feedback on how the roleplay went and what we did both right and wrong - without the need to return to the forum in a few hours time to do so.

Third, the stream will be used to provide an additional experience during the weekly AFK break separating both acts of the episode. So if you're not planning on going anywhere for those few minutes, feel free to alt-tab and see what's running. If anything, we're most likely to take requests during this time - so who knows what will be on the screen!

We will also be looking to provide weekly teasers for the following week's episode when the SRP is running. I can't guarantee anything until Season Two - although I'll be working towards some kind of bonus following the Season One Finale on June 22.

Finally. during the roleplay, the stream will also be used to capture certain scenes for future use. This is more for my benefit (and a wider benefit, later on) as you will all hopefully be too busy in-game to even see the stream while the episode is running.

This is going to be an experiment going in to the second season of Asteroid Field, but one which I hope will be a success and go on to be a defining experience of this Serial Roleplay as it truly stands on it's own two feet, separating itself from it's predecessor in the 'Accobar' universe. I hope that you will be around to take part, but as I mentioned earlier, this extra hour of Asteroid Field time is entirely optional - but hopefully gives you an extra reason to pop on to the server a few minutes prior, and stick around for a few minutes longer.

The expanded Asteroid Field experience will begin this week at a minimal level, for testing purposes.

CHANNEL LINK

Thank you, everyone!

Grizz & Griffiths