S02E01 - 'In Extremis' - Season Premiere - 03/08/13

Started by Grizz, July 03, 2013, 05:07:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Disregard the date change. It has been pushed back.

Martin Thompson

Grizz

An Introduction to "In Extremis" & "Justitia Omnibus" by Grizz

Yep! New episode title revealed!

If I had to pick the hardest episode to put together, a few weeks ago, it would have been Asteroid Base's 'When The Sky Falls.' Now, however, I would probably have to share that accolade between the opening pair of AF's second season. Deciding how to come back from Asteroid Base: Alpha's disappearance and how that would affect Pioneer - was not a simple task. Deciding how to come back from G'rath's broadcast to the Alpha Quadrant - was not a simple task. Writing around the former President has been one of the most exciting and interesting things I have done for RPG-X. But, realistically - his time is running out. He can't run forever and now he's got nothing to lose. I'm not afraid to say that we're entering the final days of G'rath's demise - but I think you have learnt enough to know that it won't be all that straightforward. Someone with his power, influence and resolve won't go any more quietly than the first time. But something we'll get out of it is motive. What led to his actions? His corruption? What led him to become the poison which sickened Starfleet, the Federation & the Taylor Administration? That's something we're going to be unravelling over the course of the next two episodes.

Then we get to Pioneer's crew. They were recruited for a diplomatic and scientific assignment. Now they're filling in for AB: Alpha with the person who recruited many of them - gone. Chaplain takes on the role held by Munro while Fox & Thrace share responsibility held by Hampton, Harper & Rush. The latter of whom is coming back - I did mention in the teasers. With the jump ahead in time, we're really just dropping in on what has become any other day on the station. Not that it means I can skip a bunch of exposition or anything. But it just happens to be one day which will define the remainder of 2386. Oddly, a lot of what I have planned - really planned - is background noise for the first episode. Short of an opening scene, an ending scene, and a few bits here and there in the middle, it's greatly about you. How have your characters adapted to the different circumstances? A heavily militarised Pioneer - burdened with what happened to Taylor & Hampton not far away. Not to mention Jemma Etis, who was just coping with her sister slipping in to a coma when she was whisked away to places unknown.

If I know anything, I know this. Tabor is going to have his work cut out for him when he arrives.

Grizz

Reminderbump - this is it! We're back! Asteroid Field returns today!

Martin Thompson

John Adams