The Great Big Season 2 Q&A

Started by Grizz, July 31, 2013, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

In the run up to the second season, you're encouraged to ask as many questions about the series' return as possible and I will be obligated to respond to all of them in some way.

SFC3 asks:

QuoteHow will Hobus affect the entire AF lore?

Taking the use of 'lore' loosely, the Hobus collapse will usher in the most significant event in this AB/AF universe since it's conception. The Taylor-Taval peace accord from Season One will play it's part. Pioneer's position near Romulan space will be a major tipping point. In the long term, much of this is still quite a way down the line. What I can reveal, however, is that a mini-series is currently planned to explore the immediate aftermath of the supernova. When this takes place - I would be a fool to say. This event has been foreshadowed since the first season of Asteroid Base, however - so expect something more deeply rooted in the mythos of the series. The hints have been dropped.

SFC3 also asks:

QuoteCan Barnes get more serious situations?

Remember when I tried to talk you out of wanting a made-up command position? Imagine all the fun you would have been having in Security. Seriously, though - remind yourself of what has taken place recently. When we return, Barnes has stepped up to second-in-command. He will be thrown in to a series of situations throughout the season. Personal development in these stories rests with you now, however - as Griffiths has laid out here. Be careful what you wish for - you're joining the ranks of Walter Peirce & Abigail Watson in the Accobar System. Things worked out swell for them.

Chris Wilkinson asks:

QuoteAre the crew going to spend any time on a vessel or installation away from pioneer for more than one episodes in season 2?

Come now, you ask that as though it only happened once in Season 1 - when it actually happened in five episodes (the equivalent of half a season in old SRP format) and three minisodes. As it stands, four episodes of mine in the second season take place off-station. Including the mid-season finale. That's without touching the second half - and not including Griffiths. With AB: Alpha gone, and having a new starship to play with, expect Pioneer's responsibilities to extend even further out of the Accobar System. So yes, the crew is going to be spending more time away from Pioneer. They're not going to enjoy it.

Anonymous asks:

QuoteIf Renee or President Taylor are out, will we still see what's happening on Earth as much?

I feel that I still have a duty of care to that side of the story after it's introduction with the Illuminati. As far as I'm concerned at the moment, no sitting President will step foot on Pioneer again. That was it, right there, in the finale. It was quick and brief - as it should be. Whether Hampton is back or not, I think the office of the President will continue to have a part to play. Especially when it comes to Hobus. The wider political landscape is going to affect Accobar operations in more ways than one - and we should keep in touch with that.

Keep the questions coming!