SRP Update - Asteroid Field 2.0 (03/10/13)

Started by Grizz, October 03, 2013, 07:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Hey there, it's me again!

If all goes well, in 48 hours I'll be posting the discussion thread for the mid-season finale which went off without a hitch. That will also mean that Asteroid Field takes time off until November to regroup, as it were. Over the course of the mid-season storyline, the old guard are being shipped out as dangling threads from Asteroid Base and the first season of Asteroid Field are tied up. A number of long-running characters (some spanning years, if you were around) are receiving their swan songs to make way for a new-look Tyrella sector for the remainder of the second season.

Are we returning to the Halkonians / David Rush?

Eventually. For now, circumstances are going to change. The original mission statement is seemingly no longer valid and further contact with the Halkonian Empire is not something the Federation will be pushing for. But this thread has been the core of the series up to now, so it's not something that will be ignored - it's just returning to the background.

What's going to happen to Mark Chaplain?

It would be a disservice for the character to slip away unnoticed. Commander Chaplain's story concludes over the coming weeks - you will just have to be there for the details.

Will there be a new Station Commander soon?

The role of CO will be changing slightly in accordance with recent events. Renee Hampton's time at the top ended in June while Mark Chaplain is out of the door. A few episodes in to the latter half of the season, Pioneer will be host to a new occupant in the CO's office. Will it be an existing character? A member of the crew? A distant ally? Somebody brand new? Starfleet Commander or Civilian Director? All in good time.

Are there more character episodes coming?

Absolutely! Come November, we'll be jumping in at the deep end in to the personal backgrounds of some of your characters - through the powers of modern technology and digital flashbacks. Some of these episodes may have some startling revelations. Scrap the 'may.' They do have some startling revelations. Thank you for your cooperation in putting these stories together, so far, keep your suggestions coming!

What's the deal with Asteroid Base: Alpha?

AB: Alpha's story has come to an end.

Will the Taylor Administration continue to have a presence?

That will depend on the nature of Hampton's departure. But if it comes to seeing such an impact as during the Illuminati storyline and the kidnapping episodes - it's not that likely. We're going to be hearing more about the Presidency than actually seeing it, from this point onwards. President Taylor's execution of Operation Dawnstar is likely to be her last physical appearance for the foreseeable future. Then there's the matter of re-election.

Is my character safe?

Ha, of course not.

Will Asteroid Field have a time-travel episode?

We're going to be seeing events which took place in the past (and in some cases, the future), but when it comes down to legitimate time travel - it's a possibility. Nothing is set in stone. It would have to be different. No reset buttons. No massive changing of events. Creative time travel is the best time travel. It would have to be true to the series so far. So I wouldn't rule it out.

What have been the TV influences for upcoming episodes?

The West Wing, Breaking Bad, Revolution, The Newsroom, 24, Sherlock.... the list goes on.

How important is it that I be able to attend 'Till Death Do Us Part?'

You might say that the future of the SRP depended on it. But you didn't hear that from me.