Star Trek Online to RPG-X transition team

Started by Serris, August 31, 2013, 10:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serris

Hey, everyone! As you may have heard, over the last few months, I've been working with another veteran (who shall not be named to avoid controversy) to try and introduce more Star Trek Online players to RPG-X. I've been offering resources to bring new players up to speed, like an extensive how-to guide and simplified instructions on how to upgrade TLO's client to rpgxEF 2.2-844. Last night, on my primary server, I had seven people on. Only three of them had previous experience with RPG-X, while the rest were new players.

Overall, our efforts have been rewarded with moderate success. Some are a bit turned off by the learning curve, but those that powered through it and took advantage of my guides have expressed interest in regular gatherings. Our attempts to organize something concrete have been repeatedly unsuccessful because we are still comparatively small. I believe our biggest gathering was eight players, but due to time zones, we lost a lot of players throughout the event and ultimately had to cancel. Therefore, I would like to work together with The Last Outpost to maximize player retention and expand the RPG-X community. My hope is to run joint events and pool our resources to help this game thrive again.

My servers serve as an independent halfway house for Star Trek Online players to ease themselves into RPG-X, but are available for The Last Outpost (and any remaining RPG-X groups) to use as an extension of your own community. I'd be glad to give your server administrator team the Admin passwords for my servers on request. Both are currently running version 2.2-844, and I have plans to upgrade them to 2.3 when GSIO01 and Harry Young release a new revision compatible with EscapedTurkey's CentOS distribution. When that happens, I'd love to do a joint stress test for our mutual benefit.

/connect rpgx1.storp.org -- Defaults to RPG_Voy4 on start-up.

/connect rpgx2.storp.org -- Defaults to Station_Vanderbilt_V3 on start-up, using 3.2.1t.