Task Force Theta: Crew Roster & Applications

Started by criminula, December 12, 2013, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

Name: CSO, OPS, ACoS
Character Name: Andok
Character Model: Arjofa
Top 3 Desired Positions (In order of preference, most desired first): CSO, OPS, ACoS
Character Overview (Can include basic backstory, important personality traits etc.): Andok is a Child of Tama (see Darmok) and spent the first twenty years of his life training to be a communications officer as he always had a natural proficiency for language and was able to quick internalize even the most obscure metaphors in the Tamarian language. Six years ago, Andok's ship encountered a Klingon vessel within Tamarian territory. When the Tamarians could not communicate effectively with the Klingons, they sent both captains down to a nearby moon. The Klingons interpreted this as a hostile act and fired upon the Tamarian ship. Fortunately, a patrolling Starfleet ship intervened and ended the conflict but not before the Tamarian ship was heavily damaged with most of its crew killed in battle.

After being rescued by the Federation, Andok began to study the English language and Earth history. Two years later he became the first Tamarian to speak English and apply to Starfleet academy. Though Andok is a proficient linguist and can easily adapt to new languages (thus making him an essential asset for Starfleet) he spent his four years in the academy studying science/operaitons/security.

NOTE: I cannot make the SRP time exactly. I will consistently be 15-20 minutes late. (I have something to do from 1-3 every Sunday) Start without me.