RPG-X Division Survey Results: You Spoke and We Listened!

Started by Telex Ferra, August 11, 2014, 07:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

Here are your results: My comments will be in blue while the data and submitted comments will be in white.

Rate your experience with the RPG-X division in 2014:
Total Votes: 19
Mean: 7
Median: 8
Mode: 8,9

Rate the effectiveness of the RPG-X CO (Telex Ferra)
Total Votes: 18
Mean: 8.3333
Median: 9
Mode: 9

Rate the effectiveness of the RPG-X XO (Serris)
Mean: 7.111
Median: 7.5
Mode: 9

Rate the effectiveness of the server admins
Mean: 6.778
Median: 7
Mode: 7

How would you assess the clarity of the RPG-X forums?
Very Easy To Navigate: 6
Easy To Navigate: 10
Neither Easy Nor Difficult: 3
Difficult To Navigate: 1
Very Difficult To Navigate: 0
Total   20

How would you improve the RPG-X forums to make them easier to read?

QuoteArchive old posts

Done!

QuoteThings like happy hours and SRP times should maybe be on the front pagr

You can find the Happy Hour times (correct now!) on the top of the forums on the vSlider. Most (if not all) of the SRPs also put pictures in there to advertise their episodes. If I am misinterpreting this, please let me know.

QuoteMaybe reduce the number of different stickied threads, consolidate information, etc.

The RPG-X staff has been hard at work on this. If anyone has any specific suggestions, please let me know. Hopefully, you'll notice the boards are a lot less cluttered than they were only a month ago.

On a scale of 1 (low) to 10 (high), how interested are you in continuing to play RPG-X?
Total Votes: 19
Mean: 7.63
Median: 8.5
Mode: 10

What factors discourage you from playing RPG-X? (Check all that apply)
Nothing discourages me: 3
Lack of new content: 8
Small size of player base: 12
Small number of organized events/SRPs/mSRPs: 4

Let me give you my thoughts on the two most voted answers in here.

I know that the player base is small. Nobody works harder than I do to promote RPG-X outside of the community, and I will continue to work as hard as I have been as long as I am RPG-X CO. That being said, I am just one person. I need your help in promoting RPG-X across the web to all the Trek communities that definitely would love to play RPG-X with us if only they knew of its existence. There are hundreds if not thousands of Trek fans out there that would love to play RPG-X, you just have to help me find them.

One last thing. As one person who responded to the poll pointed out, there is a "catch 22" situation here. 12 people don't want to play because the player base is too small, but if all 12 of those people decided to RP together they'd have a pretty fantastically sized RP! If everyone were to really commit to make a certain time every week, every two weeks, or even every month then we could have very large RPs with the sizable number of people who feel discouraged by the small player base.

As for the lack of new content, I do have a small announcement to make. The RPG-X staff along with a few other people experienced with modding and developing new content for RPG-X are working together to create an RPG-X Content Development Kit. This will include all the software you need (or links to it) to make maps, music packs, model packs, ranksets, classets and textures. Please keep an eye out for this in the not too distant future.

We also received some "Other" comments on this question

QuoteSeems very difficult to actually get into successfully

Without more information it's hard for us to figure out what obstacles are preventing you from enjoying RPG-X on TLO. If anyone feels that RPG-X is hard to get into or get used to, please let us know so we can help you acclimate

What changes, if any, would you make to the SRP system?

Quotemore options for people to host ad-hoc SRPs

You want to run an ad-hoc SRP? Go for it! It's not against the rules!

QuoteThe ability for an mSRP to be converted to an SRP If the public enjoys the mSRP

The requirements for hosting an mSRP changed when the RPG-X department re-did the thread, but more on that later. If we were to have a successful mSRP and there were member interest then OF COURSE I would allow it to be converted into a full SRP.

QuoteI'd want the return of the pilot system.

That's a very interesting idea that a lot of the RPG-X staff are behind. Please feel free to express your comments on this issue in this very thread

QuoteI would get rid of requirements.

You know what? Done!

QuoteMake the three-strike rule compulsory in every SRP.

While every SRP leader is welcome to implement any sort of attendance system they would like, I would prefer to respect the autonomy of our SRP runners and not force a system on them that they did not want to use on their own.

What changes, if any, would you make to he mSRP system?

QuoteBetter guidance writing for newcommers. I've seen a few msrp's come and failed again and I think helping new members more explicitly could help. Currently, there is alot of support pushing them to have the rp's and checking if the story is correct, but i think that actively helping them write and manage the rp (in stead of just giving feedback about the story) could help get it off the ground a bit better. Of course, this would cost some effort on the side of a staff member.

We have always offered this to anyone who requests it. I think Serris and I would definitely be more than happy to make suggestions to people looking to submit mSRPs. At the same time, we do not want to "run the show" by inadvertently turning someone's proud creation into another Telex or Serris RP. If anyone wants guidance writing any plot, mSRP, SRP, or even a spontaneous RP plot, please feel free to come to us.

Quotemore options for more advanced members to run mSRPs

Quoteget rid of the partner system

These requirements were removed when the RPG-X staff updated the mSRP requirements thread. There are now absolutely no requirements to create an mSRP. Any member at any rank with any number of coauthors (including zero) can submit now. 

How do you play RPG-X?

RPG-X Mod installed on top of Elite Force: 2
RPG-XCE : 2
RPG-XSE: 3
RPG-XUE: 12
Don't know: 1
Total   : 20

Do you have any other comments to improve the RPG-X division?

QuoteConvert remaining old holomatch models for use in RPG-X!

Maybe you'll be able to do this yourself soon. :D