S02E03: Beginnings Review Topic

Started by Martin Thompson, February 09, 2014, 05:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate this episode?

Verry Good
Pretty Nice
Meh...
Terrible
I don't follow this jumping through time anymore...

Martin Thompson

In 2878 the crew of Genesis station first met. Right off the bat, Dr. P'Trell and Ms. Delacourte hit it off, and not in a good way. Admiral Iwata managed to put Delacourte in charge of starfleet operations on board Genesis, much to P'Trells dismay. While the rest of the crew got along well, after their first briefing, the ship that was supposed to bring them to Sector 22757, the staging ground for building the station, received a distress call. The USS Krash'Va carrying the assigned CMO, and a package Dr. P'Trell needed, was under attack.

The crew scrambled and cut their stay on Earth short to man the USS Lexington, who was waiting with only a skeleton crew on board. They didn't know what to expect, so the newly appointed head of Engineering, Vivian Li, together with engineers Archibald Johnson and John Sheppard tried to get the Lexington's systems in order for possible battle. Once at the scene, they discovered the Krash'Va powerless, adrift, but with almost no damage. Mr. McClintock started beaming over survivors and after a headcount discovered none of the Krash'Va's crew had died during the attack. They also managed to beam over Mr Klaw, who was eager to use the Lexinton's medical facility to treat some of the injured crew of the Krash'Va.

As soon as McClintock started beaming over supplies, a large Alien vessel, the same one which attacked the Krash'Va, appeard. Delacourte and Johnson both recognized the ship as they had already encountered it before. Dr. P'Trell apparently knew nothing about it. Before they could transfer all cargo on board, the alien vessel destroyed the Krash'Va, contacting the Lexington, telling them only "You are not ready" and "This is not the right crew". Similar to previous encounters, the ship vanish again. However, this time they destroyed something. Cargo Container 5C apparantly contained something of importance to P'Trell research, and she was furious it had been destroyed.

En-route back to Earth to drop of the Krash'Va's survivors before finally departing to sector 22757, the crew mingle again. Archibald expresses his concern about the alien vessel to Delacourte while P'Trell and Li get to know each other better. After her conversation about the alien ship, Admiral Iwata contacted Delacourte, informing her that some of Ms. Li's records didn't match up, and he would investigate further. Leaving Delacourte to keep an eye on not 1 but 2 prominent members of Genesis stations crew, she wonders if this project has not been doomed before it started. Meanwhile in the messhall, Dr. P'trell shares a secret with her new engineering collegue...

Hey guys, I hope you liked playing your regular characters again for a while, we will be seeing more of that next week. I think it was really good to see you all mingle and bond 'for the first time', setting a baseline relationship for your characters on the station. Meanwhile, you really contributed to the plot, although it might have seem most of work was done by the higher-up staff, everyone contributed to the story and overall episode. I really liked it, i hope you did as-well. We will leave the crew of Genesis Station pondering over the mysterious alien ship for a bit longer, next week, we will go on a field trip!