Genesis' Future

Started by Martin Thompson, April 13, 2014, 12:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Thompson

Hello Everyone,

As you are all probably aware, I have stepped down from both the IA Head and RPG-X XO positions recently. This has been mainly because my personal focus has shifted away from TLO and I am not putting enough time into my positions here to justify holding them. What does this mean for this SRP, seeing as it hasn't run for 2 weeks now, which was initially due to the season 2-season 3 break.

Well, first off, I did quite enjoy certain episodes of the SRP, however, I did feel that in general, it wasn't very well received. The story was concocted on a drive home one day when TLO was short of SRPs. I tried the concept, but while doing this learned that it was very hard to conduct the story line as I had envisioned it. If it was a series for TV, with actors, sure, it would have worked, but in RPG-X there was a certain need for everyone to stay involved, and that was very difficult to maintain for me with the setting and story that was drawn up.

Secondly, season 2 was initially planned to start us off again at the beginning of the week, but differently. For those of you who remember the end of season 1 (and the beginning), the starbase gets hit by a solar flare which causes the Omega 13 device to overload and react in an unexpected way, reversing time for exactly 1 week up to the point the device was activated. Season 2 would have seen us ending up, after we escaped in shuttles but where caught by the blast, in a paralell universe. This universe would also have a Genesis Station, but goverend by Section 31 in stead of starfleet. Both Stations performing the same experiment in paralell universes connected, both unable to escape a time loop, that was the basic premise (even before Telex and Andromeda both offered their help on writing more bits of the story to expand it. I'm happy you both have helped me with the RP guys, thanks!). But season 2 didn't go like that. Mainly because I was planning on using Asteria for the Section 31 Genesis Station in the alternate universe. Sinc eit hadn't been released yet, i thought to span the time untill release by filling season 2 with the flashback episodes. I did enjoy a few of them very much, but others where really just plain boring and not properly prepared and executed.

That last point is very important for me and I'm now getting to the main point of my post. I havn't put enough time into Genesis Station's second season, not like i did with Season 1, not like i used to do on Daunltess. That has had its effect. And with me now, not retiring, but taking a big big step backwards from TLO, this won't improve.

I am therefore announcing that Genesis Station will NOT continue into its third season, and our story must sadly end here. I do hope that at-least some moments where enjoyable for you guys and i would like to thank everyone who put time and effort into the SRP, thank you guys.

You will probably not see me in RPG-X for a while, maybe never again, but don't let that put you down. Keep playing for as long as you enjoy it! I will still be around TLO from time to time, you might see me popping up in the shoutbox or in other topics. Apparently Jenson was planning on making me an Elderly Person around the site, so I'll still have access to all the creative things you guys come up with.

See you around everyone, and remember:

A new adventure, always awaits!