The Future of STO in the Last Outpost

Started by SFC3, March 21, 2015, 01:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFC3

Hello. I had prepared this in anticipation for today's meeting, however I had to run for something quite urgent and I did not make it back in time for the meeting as I had planned.

The community has weighed on and you have decided we should not completely merge TLO with another fleet and instead stay where we are. I appreciate all who participated in the poll and your feedback has been taken under our advisement. I will tell anyone who did vote to not stay in the TLO Fleet - that you are welcome to remove your mains from the fleet at anytime. I'll explain why very soon.

Now, where do we go from here? During the last weeks of March and into April, TLO's fleet will be completely transformed into a more alt-friendly environment - with little to no pressure on what you want to do inside of it. This will also include more player involvement in what the Division does, with events, for example. We will be moving to an even more casual model than what we've had before.

The first change will be a rank system restructuring not based on forum rank but based on contributions. Anyone with a high number of contributions (number to be determined shortly) will be moved around on the rank list as well. Fleet rank changes will be across the board for all members except leadership which cannot currently be changed. A post will go up about this next week.  Once this has been resolved, the Fleet bank will receive a rather needed restructure, with a 1 week "giveaway" of the fleet bank gear area. There's a lot of stuff in there, so if you're eyeing an item, we might just give it away.

April is a big month for STO, with Delta Recruitment. If you don't know already, please read the posts here: www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=7858.msg59454#msg59454 The event will grant special rewards - especially for fleets. At level 30 you will be prompted to join a fleet and the fleet you join will be granted major rewards for projects that are currently underway. I encourage any alt created during this event request access to the KDF and FED TLO fleets for donation as they currently need a lot.

Finally, Star Trek: Discovery returns in April with the final half of Season One. Details will be posted shortly, but we are hoping for a large turn out for the final half of the first run series, Overall Dendo and myself have felt that the series was a great success and hope to continue this success in the future.

To conclude: we feel that the TLO fleet needs a major restructuring and that merging isn't the right thing to do - we just need to change things around.

We hope you will enjoy this upcoming changes, and hope to see you ingame on the TLO Fleet once more.

- SFC3, STO CO
- Dendo Hellen, STO XO