Another Crack at the Spicy Localhost Server Crash [CLOSED]

Started by Lipton, March 15, 2015, 03:47:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipton

Hi, I've posted about this problem before but since I had no immediate need to fix it, I just let it go for a while, even forgetting about it. However, I am now working with Martin Thompson on making a mapping tutorial, and may need to test 2.3 maps somewhere. This happens with RPG-X V 2.3.4B when I run HM_RAVEN (or any map) on localhost. I've never been able to successfully run a 2.3 localhost.

Quote------ Server Initialization ------
Server: HM_RAVEN
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- R_Init -----

GL_VENDOR: Intel
GL_RENDERER: Intel 865G
GL_VERSION: 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4396
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_WIN_swap_hint
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 4

PIXELFORMAT: color(24-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
MODE: 3, 640 x 480 fullscreen hz:N/A
GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
Initializing Shaders
^3WARNING: Bad shader file scripts/voy_eng.shader has incorrect syntax.
----- finished R_Init -----
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Documents and Settings\TechSpace\Application Data\RPGXEF\RPG-X2
C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition\rpgxEF2.3\RPG-X2
.. lots of pak files, successfully loaded ..

----------------------
55574 files in pk3 files
Try loading dll file C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition\rpgxEF2.3\RPG-X2\qagamex86.dll
Loading DLL file: C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition\rpgxEF2.3\RPG-X2\qagamex86.dll
Sys_LoadGameDll(C:\Program Files\The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition\rpgxEF2.3\RPG-X2\qagamex86.dll) found vmMain function at 1F39521C
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: rpg-x2
gamedate: Mar 29 2014
Float to int casting behaviour: ISO compliant
Not logging to disk.
------- G_LuaInit -------
0 map files parsed
------- G_LuaInit Finish -------
Locations file maps/HM_RAVEN.locations located. Proceeding to load scan data.
Loading ServerChangeConfig 'serverchange.cfg'.
G_LoadTimedMessages -  timedmessages.cfg not beginning with '{'
0 teams with 0 entities
12 items registered
-----------------------------------
------- BotLib Initialization -------
loaded weapons.c
loaded items.c
loaded syn.c
loaded rnd.c
loaded match.c
------------ Map Loading ------------
trying to load maps/HM_RAVEN.aas
----- Client Shutdown (Received signal 11) -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Closing SDL audio device...

I heard signal 11 was a segfault, a memory access error. Curiously enough, I can not only run 2.3 maps by connecting to the TLO Server but I can also run localhost on version 2.2 (which is no longer used by TLO).

The only things I can think of is that it might be a configuration problem with my 2.3 config files... though I've had no other problems with those files. There also may have been a problem with my configuration when I installed 2.3, though again, I've had no other indications to suggest that being the case. I did the install manually.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: If I don't get a reply in the next couple of days, I'm going to go ahead and nuke my installation and install RPG-X Standard edition, making sure to move my .pk3 files elsewhere first. Nobody uses Holomatch (which needs 2.1) anymore or 2.2 anyway, and I think it will be much simpler to just have 2.3 than having to have copies/links of the same files in multiple places for multiple versions.

Telex Ferra

You're right that signal 11 corresponds to a segmentation fault, but it's odd to see it on the default EF maps.

Things I would try would be increasing your hunkmegs, or possibly moving all the maps you can from baseEF to the RPG-X2 folder. (Keep in mind that both baseEF and RPG-X2 have files named pak0, pak1 etc. so you CANNOT just move stuff over or you may accidentally replace something important)





Lipton

Thanks for the tips, I will try those before breaking out the sledgehammer! :D

Lipton

Well, unfortunately those things did not work, and neither did doing a clean install with SE from scratch. Perhaps we need to see if there is something wrong with my directory structure (as I ran the installation on X-P, I'll post screencaps if you want) or maybe it's just that my machine is special in a very bad way and I need to get a new one. :P