How would you rate 'Deimos?'

Excellent
Good
Average
Poor
Awful

Grizz

The one where: Grizz makes an error.

When planning Asteroid Field episodes, I am generally left with a detailed episode plan which maps out the roleplay to various intervals. When certain events will happen, when they should be finished by, when certain characters should be in certain places and so on. On top of that, there's often a scripted scene or two which delivers some stage settings and adds some extra details.

In the last 48 hours, I decided to do away with all of that for 'Deimos.' Instead of running the RP to specific timings, I decided to just go with it and see what happens. I also wrote two scripts for Criminula, though ultimately only sent one before telling him to ignore it. I also invented Keira Gray at the last minute in order to be on the ground, instead of ghosting around for the duration.

I also found out that the abandoned prologue proved detrimental. Instead of getting the immediate aftermatch of the Season 5 finale out of the way the week before, it was stuck on the beginning of this episode while the crew was supposed to be shipped out on a new assignment almost immediately. It was messy and didn't ring true. If I could do it again, this would not have been the opening episode. The exploration of the wreckage also wasn't quite as interesting as it otherwise could have been. My decision to throw out the episode plan took away a number of set pieces which otherwise would have broken it up, But we were pushed for time regardless - so thank you for making the most of it while I fumbled about at the back.

Unfortunately with events picking up where they left off, next week, it will be hard to forget that this episode exists. Nevertheless, I will be voting Poor thanks to my own terrible decisions. I can't even bring myself to recap.