The Future of The Lost Era

Started by Serris, July 20, 2015, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serris

I know the timing of this announcement could have been better, what with the cancellation of Asteroid Field, but I feel that it has to be done for the greater good of the series and our RPG-X division as a whole. The Lost Era is going on a six-week hiatus, during which its timeslot will be occupied by the new SRP certification program, Star Trek: Training Station. At the very least, you'll all have something to do in the interim.

Frankly, I'm not satisfied with how I've been running this series. Even with recent high points such as "Kansas," I feel like it's been extremely hit-and-miss. Character development has largely taken a backseat to spectacle and dramatic action, which is something I want to improve before this series can move forward. It's a delicate balance, and it's one I need to figure out within this "blind script" format. Additionally, this break will give me the time I need to expedite the next RPG-X client patch, which I've been putting off for the last five months.

I encourage anyone who's signed up for this series to participate in Training Station, as it promises to reinforce the fundamental skills necessary for roleplaying in RPG-X, and it gives you the chance to flesh out a character more than you may have been able to here.

The Lost Era is set to return on September 13th, 2015.