SRP Poll: Star Trek: Daedalus

Started by Telex Ferra, September 18, 2015, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you attend Star Trek: Daedalus on Saturdays at 1pm ET? (6pm BST, 5pm GMT)

YES, I will attend Star Trek: Daedalus on Saturdays at 1pm ET (6pm BST, 5pm GMT)
8 (80%)
NO, I can't make the time
2 (20%)
NO, I don't like the idea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Telex Ferra

Klaw has submitted an SRP to be put to a vote. If the SRP receives enough votes, it will be commissioned. Please only vote yes if you can commit to regularly attending the SRP at the time specified!

QuoteThe year is 2154, With the Xindi Crisis in full swing Starfleet Command is about to green light a project that has been in production since the day their first Warp 5 Starship launched; Codename Daedalus. The Daedalus Class Starship is intended to be refit to operate at a maximum warp velocity of Warp 7. With that said, the prototype will soon become the first ship in Earth history to break that barrier.

The Issues with the Xindi have Starfleet on edge. As a result the command council is pushing for a faster work pace in an attempt to green light the Daedalus more than a year ahead of schedule. With most of the command staff already on standby, and the Engine tests coming back better than expected, Starfleet Command believes a green light will soon be lit. The First mission of the Daedalus: Head into deep space and attempt to make contact with Enterprise.

This SRP will operate in a method that I may not be too fond of in the beginning but it will grow out of it's restrictive shell as we work to mold the story of Enterprise into the rest of Trek Canon and I suspect it will become something wonderful. Daedalus will start a couple years before the Earth-Romulan war begins and will trace some local elements of what was happening in the galaxy while Enterprise was out "saving the day" from the Xindi.

We'll see the start of the Federation, the growing threat of the Klingon Empire. and ultimately lead the Charge against the Romulan Imperial Expansion. And, if we get to it, Maybe even be the first humans to encounter some odd, yet familar species.