Interested in helping RPG-X development?

Started by Telex Ferra, April 21, 2016, 10:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

We're looking for people to help out RPG-X development in a few areas. Right now we need:

Programmers
This is, of course, one of the most important jobs in furthering RPG-X development. Anyone interested should have:
- A solid grasp of C programming
- At least a "working" knowledge of git
- The ability to set up an Ubuntu machine or VM

I would be glad to assist with either of the second two bullet-points.

Testers
We will also eventually need people to test new builds of RPG-X. This is also a very important job as we will need to know if we've fixed or even introduced new bugs into RPG-X. There are no requirements to help, though if you are interested, you should be aware of a few risks. You will need to run updated versions of the game's executable file. (we will provide this to you) As such, your RPG-X installs may be corrupted, requiring a full reinstall. There is no risk to your computer, (I will personally be using my home machine for testing as well) but participate at your own risk. On the positive side, you get to try out new improvements in RPG-X before we have a release.

If you aren't quire sure you can fit into these categories but you feel you could be helpful in another way, please feel free to post here and let us know.