State of Development - 4/21/2016

Started by Telex Ferra, April 21, 2016, 10:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

Hello everyone,

I'll be posting updates in this forum on our current progress updating RPG-X. I hope that this will be a weekly or semimonthly update, but I'm not yet ready to commit to a schedule for this until development really starts.

Progress
This has been a rough week for both myself and Martin. After several days, we were unable to even build rpgxEF executables in Visual Studio, Microsoft's Integrated Development Environment. While we were able to make changes to the RPG-X source code, without the ability to build, we knew that none of our changes would ever go anywhere. Tonight, I managed to solve this problem. I have set up an ubuntu virtual machine on my computer and was able to get rpgxEF building successfully. Soon, Martin will also be setup to do the same. With this setup, we can use git to continue developing on our Windows machines while using our Ubuntu virtual machines to build the game's executable files.

What's next?
Martin and I have decided that our first task will be some maintenance work on the RPG-X repo to make the code more readable. We will do multiple refactors that will not affect functionality, but will make working with the code much easier. You can track our current issues on the issue tracker on our Github repo

- Telex