March 29, 2024, 09:55:19 AM

ATTENTION ALL RPG-Xers

Started by StringTheorist, August 07, 2016, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StringTheorist

Hello all!

I took the post of RPG-X XO just a few short weeks ago, and so far we've had a few items to sort out. But, while we are finalizing our new programs, Scott and I have chosen to create an RPG-X event to coincide with the 2016 Rio Olympics. Today marks the start of the first ever RPG-X Olympics. We wanted to capitalize on this international surge in fun and cooperation that only comes every other year, and are creating a series of events for all TLO members to take part in! We are also open to expanding this event to other departments as well, and any department heads may contact me for more information and planning!

Here are a list of current events:

1: Have you ever wanted to write your own SRP episode? But, are you unsure if you are yet ready for the rather weighty commitment of running an entire series? Then fear no more, this event is for you! Any member may submit a summary for a single-episode RP plot by Private Message. I will gather all submissions together, and give them to our panel of RP expert judges [roster TBD]. After we have chosen our winners, the Gold Medalist will run their episode with the same support as any SRP would (news sliders, advanced scheduling, admin presence to help enhance the RP). Please send me a PM to submit your episode summary ASAP!

2: The RPG-X Division is currently working with SRP leaders to determine who our greatest Role-Players are. We want to give these great people the recognition they deserve! Keep an eye out for the results!

3: We also want to encourage everyone's inner artist and see what they can come up with in the ways of creative art. I would encourage you to submit to me any TLO related art you've made or want to make, traditional or digital. It could be a group portrait, a painting of the logo, photo-shopping Jenson's duck-head onto a first-place runner in an Olympic footrace, whatever you wish as long as it is TLO or Olympics related [or both]. I will post the submissions anonymously and the TLO membership will vote for the winners!

-Further information to come, event list subject to changes or additions, void where prohibited, other small-print nonsense here-