Personal Log - Rogan, Timothy [Chief Medical Officer, Pioneer Station]

Started by Andzzy, September 09, 2016, 09:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andzzy

It has been a long time since I've made a recording not intended for some official party. I've been spending a lot of time pondering the works of Maria Vega, in particular her genius in the extrapolation of Borg technology to create an army that would fight by her side. Inevitably, it was missed that in order to control them, she needed an interface, just as the Borg have one. We recently discovered first-hand that that interface was Maria herself, transformed into a functional 'Queen' for her Collective. Had it not been for Craig ... I don't know what would have happened. There are many people in the galaxy who owe that man their life and they will likely never know it.

On the topic of McClintock, his condition has noticeably improved since we returned to the station. His anxiety appears to be fading, and his bloodlust for Maria is finally over. Physically, his technology has adapted to his biological systems exactly as a drone's would. The only difference is the technology created by Denara Clarke and inserted during an operation aboard the Orion, as well as being enhanced after the fact. He has shown remarkable courage, strength, and will during this time. Being turned into an interface for the nanovirus ... I can't fathom the strain he's been through. I can only thank the powers that be that he has not turned on us for if he did, nothing short of an execution could stop him. Of that I am certain. However, I prefer to think of him as an extremely valued ally, someone who truly belongs on this station and who will continue to serve us with excellence.

Sophia has recovered from her injuries after being abducted. At times, she reminds me of another bold and daring Commanding Officer I served under. Both have demonstrated their unwavering loyalty to the people of the Federation and indeed the galaxy at large. With Sophia Mason by our side, I have never felt more capable of weathering any storm, of facing any threat. Things are heating up here in the Accobar system, and I am confident that we will pull through under her strong leadership.

Maria Vega seemed to indicate that there was a much larger factor at play in the galaxy. I must admit that I am terrified of the prospect that the former director of Section 31 was herself terrified of or under the control of another power. If there is another major power at play, I can only imagine that it is a matter of time before we see their continued operations. As the only crew in this system, we constantly find ourselves at the mercy of the destiny that has been set for it. I hold that the system itself, or rather forces in it, forge an unchangeable path that we must follow even to the bitter end. We must be ready for what comes next.

I have heard from Starfleet Command that I am to receive another Assistant Chief Medical Officer. One James Tobin, who comes highly recommended by a Commodore Forrest. According to his record, he has been assigned as a Doctor at Starfleet Academy during his studies. I find this highly unusual as his Academy record suggests that he has a penchant for biomolecular research, and he passed .. no, he aced my Xenobiology final. Notably, he is the only Starfleet officer on record to do so, and in record time as well. I did note that a 'Counselor Pine' has placed several psych warnings on Doctor Tobin's record. I intend to contact Beverly Crusher at Starfleet Medical later today to see if she can shed some light on this situation.

I must go now. MedTeam Alpha and Beta have an extremely difficult trans-cranial microscale neurobypass surgery scheduled today. I should really say it starts today, as the surgery is 36 hours long, and I expect that they will be switching in and out to staff Sickbay. I am supervising the surgery to test the MedTeams' readiness.

Computer, end log.