'Stranglehold' Discussion Thread

Started by Grizz, October 09, 2016, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Another old face in the guise of Starfleet Chief of Operations Mark Bonchune, this week. Plus a whole host of name drops and throwbacks to a more civilized era of this roleplay and that which preceded it...

This was not an action packed installment by orthodox standards - though it did feature scrambling down lava-filled pits, traversing flooded caverns, sliding down large drops, crawling through, down and up waste pipes. This episode was here to throw down the gauntlet, really. It was here to say 'hey, this really is the final season!' I confess that it was unfortunate that three of the longest running members of the roleplay were absent, as this really was something they would have taken the most from - likely at the expense of newer members - so I hope it wasn't too much of a boring disconnect. There was more planned within the compound, but I'll be working it in to next week's episode.

- Having infiltrated the compound, the team noted a mixture of primarily Federation and Klingon technology and containers.
- Whoever was present in the facility had been a recent departure, most likely in the shuttlecraft that had fired upon them.
- A Klingon terminal was accessed by Costello, recovering fragments of corrupt audio recordings (detailed below)
- Telford and McClintock downloaded all available information from the conference room.
- Tobin checked out an on-going agriculture & cultivation experiment in the compound.
- Mason learnt that they were within a facility of the Starfleet Office of Special Projects (an oversight body, pooling resources from all divisions for major projects)
- The team discovered an old stasis pod belonging to the Starship Ares. McClintock opened the pod - revealing nothing inside but a torn piece of fabric.
- Mason noted that the stasis pod had been opened again recently. Whatever was inside was moved prior to their arrival.
- Having taken down the shield grid and returned to the Helia, Tobin revealed that the fabric was indeed from a piece of clothing.
- A terminal taken by Mason held the same photograph as Menden and his team discovered board the Midas Research Facility.
- Now able to process and enhance the image, Mason was able to discover who else was present. The previously unknown figure in the shadows.

Bookeneding the episode, we learnt that there are such things as consequences - they're just usually waiting for our crew a long way away. Facing a court martial for choosing to suppress the information about the attack on Pioneer and then infiltrating the Office of Special Projects' facility, Mason elected to use her exposure to attack the Cabal and reveal what she had learned...

Absent members - please peruse the below materials:

OPENING SCENE

CLOSING SCENE

Fragmented recordings:

Sel'tar: You destroyed my home. You slaughtered my family. There will be no arrangement! Accobar is mine!

Campbell: Munro has reached the Aegis system. Congratulations, everyone. The Daedalus network has been infiltrated.

Venn: Sheppard was working with the Romulans. Timor did us all a favour. 

The Truth: We have a small problem. Doctor Rush's team have excavated a number of items from the surface. One of which appears to have been activated...

G'rath: If you do this, there's no going back for me. I'm compromised.

Walter Peirce: I have Costello. Leave Red Dawn to me and I shall deliver Pioneer to you.

Vega: You started this, Charles. You will forgive me if I finish it.

Four years of questions. One season of answers. That's the promise and I'm sticking to it. This latest revelation is hopefully a step in that direction. The Cabal is finally on the back-foot - and Charles Kort is closer to being put in the spotlight. Thanks for attending!