Updates to SRP Submissions

Started by Scott Archer, April 25, 2017, 03:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Archer

We just wanted to clarify how mSRP and SRP submissions work as the system has recently been changed slightly.

The two topics on these have been updated to fully reflect the latest changes to the system:
How to run an SRP
How to run an mSRP

SRPs
So SRPs can now be submitted at any time, and we're not planning any further 'rounds' of SRP pilots at present (although this is something we may come back too in the future!)

However we liked the glimpse into the new potential SRP that having a pilot episode gave us and I think it is a much better way of showcasing how a potential SRP might pan out, so now any submitted SRPs will get a pilot episode before the commissioning vote.

So the process looks a bit like this: Application - Pilot planned - Pilot run (within two weeks of the submission) - Vote opens (for 1 week) - Vote closes and is passed if it has enough 'yes' votes - SRP Starts (within two weeks of the end of the poll)

mSRPs
mSRPs haven't really changed, but mSRPs are often underrated and forgotten about, so we wanted to remind everyone that an mSRP can be run!

mSRPs are shorter Serial RPs, spanning from 3-5 episodes in length and are perfect for a shorter story arc that you would like to RP, or for testing out your story admin skills, or for testing the waters with an SRP idea you have!

mSRPs can be run at any time and are passed just by the RPG-X CO and XO (with no pilot or public vote.)

There is also nothing stopping you from making some changes to the mSRP or SRP and resubmitting if it isn't run the first time round! [/size]
If you would like to run either, then check out the links I posted at the top and give myself and StringTheorist a PM!

*note*
Both SRPs and mSRPs have specific forms that you need to fill in when you submit them. Please use these forms in your PM, or your submission will not be counted.