[RESOLVED] Elite Force stock game issues for graphic overhaul mod

Started by don_quichote, May 28, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_quichote

Hi guys, I am going to release my overhaul modification for Star Trek Voyager Elite Force.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/elite-force-graphic-overhaul-project

But I am still facing some issues :chin: . Coding the RPG-X standalone version needs in deed a lot of knowledge about the gameĀ“s architecture, that's why I will write my problems and here let's see if there is somebody who could help. To clear it out: that's about the stock game. ^_^

1. When in 1920x1080 display resolution mode I don't see the intro videos, It's just a white wall. The sequences between the episodes during the story mode are shown correctly it's just about the intro log sequences when starting the game. I would assume that there is somewhere a script, which defines which resolutions are allowed at this point?

2. When loading a map for the first time the usual map screenshot is displayed correctly...but when loading a save game with the custom screenshot from the moment it was saved, then I just see a white wall again. Overlay loading graphics are displayed correct, it's just about the background screenshot.

3. Firing some guns (phaser rifle) cause an ugly dark impact effect, which was probably intended in the original game as a kind of flash effect. But for unknown reasons this effect isn't bright anymore... its black. Should be a shader problem and/or with the alpha texture, that creates this impact flash. But no idea where to find nor to fix this. Any idea?

Cheers :bye: ,
Don