Epilogue

Started by Serris, August 04, 2017, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serris

I would like to formally announce my resignation as President of The Last Outpost.

As of the time of this post, I have held the second-longest tenure as head of the group. It's been a see-saw of ups and downs since I took over back in December of 2014. Personally trying, but also rewarding in its own way. As of late, an expanding field of real-life opportunities has left me with less time to participate in this storied community. Truthfully, I had planned to retire after my current term, but wanted to stick around to see this expansion effort through its early growing pains. However, recent developments have left me confident that there will be a successor to my Presidency who has the passion and skill set necessary to guide and administrate the group through uncharted territory. Serris or not, The Last Outpost has dedicated members who can and will weather the difficulties ahead of us.

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me over the years, and put their trust in me to lead. It's sentiments like this that make my departure bittersweet, as on some level, it does feel like a failure that I wasn't able to deliver a full term's worth of service. Despite this, I must concede that The Last Outpost needs someone who can give it more attention than I, and I can't continue to serve without hindering my own personal growth. Thus, it is time to pass the torch.

The story of The Last Outpost under my pen is concluding, but another tale is yet to start, and I encourage you to stick around, dear reader. Exciting developments await.