Minecraft Poll: Which version of the Minecraft should the server run?

Started by RadioActivitii, August 13, 2017, 04:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which version of the Minecraft should the server run?

Vanilla (1.12+)
0 (0%)
Feed The Beast Ultimate (1.4.7)
0 (0%)
Feed The Beast Unleashed (1.5.2)
7 (58.3%)
Feed The Beast Direwolf20 1.6 (1.6.4)
0 (0%)
Vanilla + Plugins (1.12+)
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 16, 2017, 04:58:28 PM

RadioActivitii

Greetings! One of my first acts as division CO will be this poll, and the subsequent enaction of whatever choice is made here. This poll, as the title suggests, is about what version of Minecraft the server will run. I believe it's important a choice is made as soon as possible before more time is spent on the server. Below, I will post information about each option. Be warned however, that many of the options will require a full map reset.

The first option is Vanilla Minecraft. This is what the current server is, and it's just regular ol' Minecraft. This option won't require a map reset, and if the server is kept with this, an additional Creative Mode world will be opened alongside the current Survival world.

The second option is Feed The Beast Ultimate. Veterans of The Last Outpost may remember the old Minecraft server, which ran on a similar modpack (the Direwolf 1.4.7 pack). This pack includes a bunch of different mods across a lot of functions, however it is quite old, and it will require a map reset.

The third option is Feed The Beast Unleashed. This modpack is considered the spiritual successor to Ultimate, as well as being the "main" 1.5 Modpack. Like Ultimate, it is quite old, and it will also need a map reset.

The fourth option is the Direwolf 1.6.2 Pack. This modpack was suggested to me by Andzzy, and it shares a lot of mods with both Ultimate and Unleashed, along with a few more obscure ones. Like Ultimate and Unleashed, it will need a map reset as well. This pack may also prove unstable on our server, so that might be a concern - one that hopefully can be avoided.

The fifth option is "Vanilla+" Minecraft. There's various plugins for Bukkit that can turn the game into something really unique, such as quests, NPCs, levelling systems, etc. This would take the longest to get operational, and also need a map reset.

If an option that requires the map to be reset is chose, some form of compensation will be added for people who played on the current incarnation to get a headstart in the new world.

This poll will run for 3 days, and it's encouraged to discuss the options in this thread!