03x15 Home Again

Started by Klaw, August 19, 2017, 07:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Date: December 31st, 2156
Airdate: Saturday, September 9th at 15:00 EDT (20:00 BST)

It has been a long, hard year of steady fighting. During the course of this year, we have lost a lot of friends and family. War is never easy, and this conflict is the most brutal war that humanity has ever seen. The hope now, is for a quick, speedy end to this conflict.

Standing before you, is hope: These brave men and women have served the cause with unwavering dedication and bravery. Their act of heroism after our defeat at Andoria is worthy of our praise, and our thanks. To the brave service members of Task Force Sierra, under the command of the late Commodore Robert Xavier Nolan, We are granting you all the Starfleet Medal of Valor. as well as a nice relaxing Christmas at home, with your families.

And to the Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite, Caitian, Betazed, Klingon, Reman and Romulan Allies who aided in this quest. You have our eternal thanks. I wish you could have all been here in person, I would have liked to thank you face to face.

This war will resolve, very quickly - before I leave office. You have my word on that.

God bless you, our allies, and the men and women in uniform.

-Sara Reynolds, President of United Earth December 20th, 2156.

New Years Eve, 2156: The Crews of Taskforce Sierra, past and present, have gathered at Starfleet Command, to celebrate together as a family, and remember the friends that they have lost this year.

In spite of the conflict raging on near Vulcan, life on earth appears to be returning to normal. Scientific survey missions have been greenlit by the command council, Starfleet recruitment and ship production has been put on overdrive, and for the first time since the war started, reliable intel on the Romulan Empire has reached the ear of Starfleet Intelligence.

Admiral Pierce has been reinstated to lead the war effort from earth (being watched closely by Admiral Gardner). Together with the new head of Taskforce Sierra, Commodore Jeremy Scott, They hope to bring a swift end to the war...