[IMPLEMENTED] Discord Bot & @everyone / @here

Started by Callum603, September 06, 2017, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callum603

I wasn't sure where would be best to put this, whether governance, open chambers, or here, I opted for here in engineering as it pertains to a TLO technical project.

I know I'm not alone when it comes to getting annoyed with the @everyone and @here tags, but what can we do, we don't want to stop users from being able to use it altogether, but maybe we can restrict it a bit.

I would like to propose a change, we revoke the ability for everyone (apart from cabinet etc) to use those tags, but we allow the bot to use them.

We can then add some new commands such as announce the bot will then announce the users message with an @everyone tag on their behalf, but then enter a cooldown period (30 minutes just for an example), in that time the command will be unavailable.

But what if there's an emergency and it's needed in that time, then the !emergency command would come in. This one MUST only be used in an emergency as it will tag everyone and DM cabinet and the president (potentially Serris too just in case it's a Discord issue that only he can deal with).

SRP announcements would be made automatically, in fact we could set it up so all events are announced automatically, say at 15 minuets before the start.

I figured it's best to get everyone's opinions on this as it would affect the majority.

If this topic is better suited elsewhere just let me know and I'll move it.

So...over to @everyone :P