I'm new yet I feel so old.

Started by Treyvan, January 31, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treyvan

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff. And I am new to TLO, but not new to EF or RPGX.

I first played Elite Force shortly after it came out in, goodness was it 2000? And not long after that I found the MP side of things.  My first RP experience ever was back in the old ERP days, on what had to be the old Federation Mod, then the first RPG mod.

Hell I can remember when RPGX first came out, and how long it took for it to come out, but when it did it was amazing. Especially with the new launch maps (which im sure is in the ultimate edition installer provided here lol)

I can not fully express the memories from those days enough.  And while I was not a 'major player' in the EF community back then I knew who was what, and the servers to hit if you wanted some good role play.

You can look at my forum registration date and see it's been quite 'some time' since I registered and this being my first forum post, needless to say I've been keeping tabs LOL

I've been a Star Trek fan, since TNG aired when I was young. I've played almost every Star Trek game that came out because its what I grew up with, and I've been Roleplaying in some form or fashioned since the old startrek.com #holosuite 'simulation/rp irc chatroom' from the late 90s (till paramount digital entertainment pulled the plug on it in 2000) and really I just miss it lol.

I work full time, and I'm trying to teach myself some C and the unreal engine as a hobby because I hope one day to create a base game for the 21st century that may end up playing like RPGX if I can get my act together, because my imagination and ideas demands it.

Anyway I talk too much. I'm gonna try to get active here and see where it leads me. Sorry it took so long for me to get around to doing this, and I hope I haven't missed out too badly on community activity.