March 28, 2024, 01:17:32 PM

RPG-X for Mac

Started by Jack Telford, June 10, 2019, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Telford

Hey everyone,
It's been a while and I hope you are all doing well. I've had some free time recently so I thought I would see if I could get RPG-X running on my Mac. I managed to get a Wine Bottler app setup and running and I figured I'd post it here if anyone else here is running Mac.  This has been largely untested except on my own machine running on Mojave so I can't guarantee that it will work but let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Download: https://mega.nz/#!gKxxzSQZ!HwU57FczBJBWcWEaI5_edVkbShYhmtQaLqgbHfZVMG0
Note: I recommend you use Google Chrome for the download as it is fully supported by MEGA.
Instructions:
1 Download the file from the link above and extract the zip file. I recommend moving the app into your applications folder.
2. Run the app for the first time, it may take a few minutes as it is setting up for the first time. Once it runs and takes you to the RPG-X main menu, if you notice your graphics are messed up this is normal. Quit the app and run it again.
3. Once you are at the main menu and it is displaying normally, you can go through and adjust your graphics settings and other options like normal! Your all setup.
4. If you need to adjust any of your config files or need to add any maps or files to your BaseEF/RPG-X2 you can find the installation location at: /Users/(usernamehere)/Library/Application Support/ and look for a directory called com.jacktelford.rpgx_(random numbers) . Once inside that directory it will be located inside drive_c/Program Files/ Star Trek RPG-X Ultimate edition.

I hope this helps, thanks!