Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate 'We Can Make The World Stop'

Excellent
Good
Average
Poor
Awful

Grizz

Have you been paying attention? Plot devices from the opening episodes of the season came back in to play as Gaila's shady association with Red Dawn came back in to play - as did that mysterious cloaking field. Remember that? Yeah? Yeah? Of course you do. It only seemed fitting that Gaila should return to play an imporatnt role in the attempt to recover Alicia Costello, both given their adversarial past and the loss of the Dead of Night Express episode.

The Red Dawn storyline has been a slow burn. perhaps too slow given the hiatus in the middle and all the Hobus / Halkonian / Anniversary events which have occurred in between. It has towed the line (mostly) between the subdued politically charged side of Asteroid Field and the mortal peril dramatics inherited by Asteroid Base. It has been affected by changes to the Taylor Peace Agreement, the Hobus crisis, Costello's past on Qo'noS, the strained relations of the Masons and now even Walter Peirce. It has been made up of many pieces but I fear it hasn't translated to the screen as well as I would have liked.

I am extremely pleased with what Criminula has brought to the table this season, and his ideas and cooperation have come a long way in to fleshing out this story even more. But this season has clearly been dampened by breaks, delays, server issues, retention and unattendance. I was of course disgruntled to see four members present at (and exceeding) the start time today. Combined with the map changing issues, it meant that the 'B' plot was dropped (See synopsis: Etis receiving an important message). I implore you to prepare. Check that you can connect to the server before the RP - not 20 minutes during. There must be a window to do this. It would help massively. I am not exaggerating when I say that the next time this SRP is shelved, it isn't coming back. I would hate to see the last few years slip away because of petty niggles like this. It all adds up and we are hemorrhaging members - having lost four since the season restarted and one during the break.

All of that nonsense aside, it remains to be seen what becomes of the rescue effort in next week's season finale. Thank you for attending - rate and discuss, above and below.