April 2012 - Changes Abound!

Started by Jenson, April 02, 2012, 07:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenson

[align=center:2kdqg5du]The Last Outpost
Monthly Report - April 2012[/align:2kdqg5du]

New Leadership System

The transition to the new leadership system has been going well, and has been in full operation for a few weeks now. As members probably know by now, the Senate chambers have been made public as part of new transparency measures, allowing all TLO members to see the actual discussions in Senate chambers for most topics. Some sensitive topics (promotions, member acceptance, appointments, discipline, etc.) will not be posted in these public chambers. If you have any questions about these new transparency measures, please contact Griffiths, the Senate clerk.

Also with these changes, I will be taking on monthly reports from now on in my role as President.

Division Changes

The Senate has voted to demote Star Trek: Online from a division to a sub-division. CmdrSFC3 has been selected to be the new STO sub-division coordinator. We hope that CmdrSFC3 can make the changes necessary to the sub-division to increase its activity so that STO can return to division status one day. I look forward to working with him on making that goal a reality.

In better news, the Senate has also voted to promote Minecraft from a sub-division to a division. Minecraft has been very popular with our members as of late, and we believe that it has reached a sufficient activity level to warrant becoming a full division. xHellfire has been selected to lead the division, as he has done an excellent job as the sub-division coordinator previously.

Wrath of John Server

After consulting with the members of the RPG-X division, the Senate has decided, under the advice of Klaw, to shut down the Wrath of John Server. The WoJ server will be replaced by a 23rd Century RP server, per member feedback. These changes should occur during the next couple of days, stay tuned. Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns about this to Klaw, the RPG-X CO.

Sins of a Solar Empire Sub-Division

The Senate has just voted to create a Sins of a Solar Empire Sub-Division. Several TLO members have been playing this game for a month or so now, and we're excited about the new opportunities this brings. If you'd be interested in leading the sub-division and help us getting set up in this new game, keep an eye out on the Job Posts forum. Forums for the new sub-division will be set up soon (probably after a sub-division coordinator has been selected). Stay tuned!

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Signed,

President of the Last Outpost