Being new to the game I've relented to gripe but I wanted to ask some of the vets this question.
Is it a known issue that different quests are bugged? I can name the most recent one "Cutting the Cord" as being my latest example.
I did the entirety of the quest, and as I warped out of the area the map brought up the system as a quest and pretty much forgot I spent the hour + completing the mission both in space and on the ground.
Other instances that I travel to and can't get in...is this just something the community has had to deal with?
It seems you're referring to the featured episodes there, the Romulan ones in particular I know have a few problems.
The thing with Cutting the Cord is that sometimes when you complete the first space part it doesn't register right away, and if you beam down before then it doesn't register at all. I know they are working on a fix for them now though, however as it is it is becoming increasingly more rare to happen.
As for not being able to get in the mission zone this can happen again on some of the newer "doors" from sector space to the space map. This is usually because the radius of the interact sphere is smaller than the icon (which aren't usually spherical, so you have a gap at certain points where you can fit in it). These are also being fixed, though what usually works is if you try go above them. These usually only affect "custom" icons though, such as Starbases, the more transparent ones (planets, nebulas and asteroid fields) will allow you to go in a little bit which doesn't make the issue as apparent (which is how it's gone unnoticed for so long).
Hope that answers your questions :)
Quote from: "Brex"It seems you're referring to the featured episodes there, the Romulan ones in particular I know have a few problems.
The thing with Cutting the Cord is that sometimes when you complete the first space part it doesn't register right away, and if you beam down before then it doesn't register at all. I know they are working on a fix for them now though, however as it is it is becoming increasingly more rare to happen.
As for not being able to get in the mission zone this can happen again on some of the newer "doors" from sector space to the space map. This is usually because the radius of the interact sphere is smaller than the icon (which aren't usually spherical, so you have a gap at certain points where you can fit in it). These are also being fixed, though what usually works is if you try go above them. These usually only affect "custom" icons though, such as Starbases, the more transparent ones (planets, nebulas and asteroid fields) will allow you to go in a little bit which doesn't make the issue as apparent (which is how it's gone unnoticed for so long).
Hope that answers your questions :)
Thanks...it does help a ton. It wouldn't be an mmo without bugs right? :(
ARGH!!! Better add "Ground Zero" in the Hobus System to the list of bugged missions...I finished it twice already and it just resets when you are instructed to leave the system...
One thing I would recommend you do is always hand in a completed mission before leaving the final map.
I can't remember the last time I had a bugged mission - I put it down to doing that.
Oh and "War Games" is a known bugged map at the moment. The GM said it will be ninja fixed soon.
Quote from: "KappaTau"One thing I would recommend you do is always hand in a completed mission before leaving the final map.
I can't remember the last time I had a bugged mission - I put it down to doing that.
Oh and "War Games" is a known bugged map at the moment. The GM said it will be ninja fixed soon.
Finishing that quest last night would have put me so close to Captain too :( Oh well one more night as Commander won't kill me ;)'
I'll keep posting missions issues as I come across them.