The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Daniel Rydell on May 21, 2011, 02:05:10 AM

Title: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Daniel Rydell on May 21, 2011, 02:05:10 AM
I've been doing some indepth playing around on Poseidon A and V2 Poseidon A, as well as the Yager. It appears that when you use the Jeffries tubes to climb, it doesn't allow you actually travel from Jeffries tubes to Jeffries tube; it just puts you back down at the bottom of the tube.

Is this a problem with RPGXCE? Or is there a problem with the maps on the server? (I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I wanted to look into it.)
Title: Re: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Brex on May 21, 2011, 04:28:33 AM
It's a problem with RPG-X2, I can't remember exactly why it happens, but it does. I thought there was a fix at some point, but that might have just affected certain maps.
Title: Re: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Martin Thompson on May 21, 2011, 11:49:58 AM
I know, this has been an issue with the poseison A for a long time now. I don't think i've ever seen a fix for this. I beleive it's a problem with the way RPG-X2 handles transport entities, which are the entities that the POS-A uses for the tubes. Every entity somehow links to the one at the verry bottom of the lowest tube. I think it's a problem with the way the entities get indexed and processed by RPG-X2 due to the transporter entity, not 100% sure about this though.
Title: Re: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Veritas on May 21, 2011, 12:18:20 PM
Yeah, this is a map-specific issue. Both of those maps are fairly old; though - you could contact Will & Ant to suggest fixing them but you probably won't get a reply or anything that'll help ;)

RPGXCE is just the same as regular RPG-X - if it's broke in regular RPG-X, it's also broke in RPGXCE.
Title: Re: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Daniel Rydell on May 21, 2011, 12:46:28 PM
I can contact Will about it (we talk on Facebook from time to time) but I'm not positive he'd be interested in fixing it...

It's not that big of a deal to me, I just was curious, as V2 is still one of my favorite maps to RP on.
Title: Re: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Martin Thompson on May 22, 2011, 04:28:25 AM
I happen to know that the map files of those maps are available. IF I'm allowed, I could have a look at it (I have mapping expertise, just never released anything). I'm not sure that if the versions available are also the final versions we are playing. But if they are, then I could fix it.
Title: Re: Question regarding Poseidon maps/Retextures of these maps
Post by: Chris Wilkinson on May 22, 2011, 07:37:53 AM
Yeah the map files available are the final versions