The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Lando on July 01, 2011, 02:24:03 PM

Title: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Lando on July 01, 2011, 02:24:03 PM
Hey all
I try to join a tlo rpgx server and i cant get in it thows me back to mainmenue.
I ve loaded all maps, all music addons everything
BUT IT WONT WORK GOD DAMNIT

what do i wrong.
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Dendo on July 01, 2011, 02:29:39 PM
Hey I saw you Connecting and dissconecting


Where  did you put the maps ?
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Klaw on July 01, 2011, 03:09:59 PM
Well, the First question I should ask is, are you using RPG-XCE, or do you have a normal Elite Force Install with RPG-X?
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Jenson on July 01, 2011, 03:20:03 PM
The error wasn't on your end. The map you were trying to connect to parsed. You shouldn't have trouble in future.
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Lando on July 01, 2011, 03:35:31 PM
ok thx for the quick answers...
later that time i was able to play on poseidon map and it was a cool experience as a start trek fan myself.
Cant wait until I accomplish my first mission :)

Btw what does the parsing error mean what was wrong?
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Dendo on July 01, 2011, 04:02:57 PM
And have you learned something from my game introduction ?
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Lando on July 01, 2011, 04:54:15 PM
Yes Sir I did.
But I dont know what I m supposed to do as an engineer, where i ve to go, what possibilities they are to accomplish certain problems etc.
This mod is really fascinating !

Btw is there only the Federation side I can choose to play or are there other sides like the borg or Klingons?

Anyway I will come back thats for sure and Big thx Dendo for your pascients with me
its appreciated ;)
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Lando on July 01, 2011, 05:00:12 PM
Ohh btw one thing before I forget to say..
Tomorrow I will go to THE huge StarTrek exhibition in Germany - Babelsberg.
I m not joking...
Will be a great time and I will post my experience here on this Forum so stay tuned ^^
unfortunatly its forbidden to take pictures you can check out some pics on there website:

http://www.startrek-dieausstellung.de/relaunch/Bildergalerie/ (//http://www.startrek-dieausstellung.de/relaunch/Bildergalerie/)
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Dendo on July 01, 2011, 05:00:47 PM
Well.... as an Engineer you manage the Shields Weapons , power, Warp core , and repairs systems

Make sure that you know the plot so you know what to do
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Martin Thompson on July 01, 2011, 05:03:10 PM
Hi Lando, have fun tomorrow!

As for the roles you can play, basically we play as we are severing on a star ship.
So just go around your buisiness what you think a star trek character would do in your position and
try to go along with the story that is developing in the meanwhile.

As for aliens, it is possible to play "an alien", but usualy we only play federation crewmembers.
It is however totally possible to pick a Klingon skin and play as a Klingon if the story of the Role Play
you are currently in needs one, it all depends on the story.

I think this engineering topic is resolved btw :)
Title: Re: I m so desprate to join any RPG X server (It Fails anytime)
Post by: Jenson on July 01, 2011, 05:38:31 PM
You might want to check out some of my guides to RPing in different positions in an RP located here: http://last-outpost.net/forum/http://www.last-outpost.net/test/forum/viewforum.php?f=2.0 (//http://last-outpost.net/forum/http://www.last-outpost.net/test/forum/viewforum.php?f=2.0)

Topic marked resolved.