The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Taisen-74656 on August 02, 2011, 01:30:25 PM

Title: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Taisen-74656 on August 02, 2011, 01:30:25 PM
Unfortunately, often my chatbox is blank (see attached). I can type in the chatbox, but I can't submit my typing, nor can I see other people's chat.

I've tried clearing the cache (which seems to work), but I'm not super excited about having to clear my cache every few hours. Am I the only one with this problem? And is there a workaround?

I'm using:
>Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
>Google Chrome (newest, non-beta version)

The problem has also occurred to me on Mozilla Firefox.
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Grizz on August 02, 2011, 01:36:24 PM
I have the same issue. It's quite random. The workaround I use is to open the popup version, then just go back.
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Taisen-74656 on August 02, 2011, 01:37:26 PM
Quote from: "Grizz"I have the same issue. It's quite random.

Random is right. Sometimes, I'll notice it not working for a long time- others, only for a few minutes. :S
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Brex on August 02, 2011, 01:43:34 PM
It works fine for me with Android browser (which is basically the same I think) and Firefox it usually works fine (somteimes a hard refresh is needed - Crtl +F5)
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Veritas on August 02, 2011, 02:12:41 PM
Yeah, it's a fairly common issue on Chrome/webkit-based browsers. Of course, sometime in the near future things might be changing... ;)
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Martin Thompson on August 04, 2011, 03:22:09 AM
Yeah, i've been having the same problem (already bugged pie about it on occaision XD).
It seems to be mainly a bug with Chrome and its appearance is random.
Popping it out though always shows it in the pop out window, just click the back butotn
on your browser to go back to the forums on the main page and leave the pop out window
somewhere in the background :)
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Surok on August 17, 2011, 04:22:12 PM
My experience:

If I use Internet Explorer 9 I have to press the "compatibility view"-button in order to display the shoutbox properly.

In Opera 11 it's working perfect. :D
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Telex Ferra on August 18, 2011, 10:36:15 AM
I have a simple solution (bot you have to do it every time :S)

If you can't see the shoutbox, click "mark all posts read" at the bottom of the forum. You'll get an error. Then press home and it should be visible.
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Martin Thompson on August 18, 2011, 11:42:37 AM
lol

Well that error only shows up if you "stay logged in" and visit the forum a 2nd time after you logged in for the first time :P

Anyway, it sometimes also works when going from a different page and clicking "home" at the top of the forums.
Title: Re: That Darn Chatbox
Post by: Talus Roben on August 18, 2011, 12:30:06 PM
I used to have a problem with the chatbox not showing up until I change my bookmark to http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php (//http://last-outpost.net/forum/index.php)