The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Dendo on August 26, 2011, 07:06:15 AM

Title: Question
Post by: Dendo on August 26, 2011, 07:06:15 AM
Are the Phaser Rifle Bolts Slower then Normal ?
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Paenitet on August 26, 2011, 07:08:53 AM
I noticed that aswell!
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Martin Thompson on August 26, 2011, 09:15:40 AM
Uhm? RPG-X? On the server?
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Paenitet on August 26, 2011, 10:22:07 AM
Yeah.
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Brex on August 26, 2011, 01:06:52 PM
The real question... why are you even firing phaser rifles? :P
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Dendo on August 26, 2011, 01:29:14 PM
I Tested it :P
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Taisen-74656 on August 26, 2011, 02:41:05 PM
Not really a problem I'd think. Phaser bolt speeds shouldn't be an issue unless you're fragging on the server ;)
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Paenitet on August 27, 2011, 06:13:46 AM
We know. We was just wondering why. ;)

I think it's so it gives people more time to dodge the phaser blast if someone's shotting at them. (Not that they should. ;) )
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Jenson on August 27, 2011, 09:01:32 AM
To answer your question, the cvar is set that way to make it more difficult for people to frag on the server (especially during shooting scenes). If the phaser rifle fires slower, it helps prevent someone from accidentally fragging someone during a combat scene, and makes it easier for someone to be "hit" without being incapacitated.
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Paenitet on August 27, 2011, 09:07:30 AM
Ah! JUust as I thought! :) I think it it is good that way. However I did create my own server (I just felt like having Admin power for a bit. lol. The servers not there now.) and it was normal again. However I was Admin rank so that could be why.
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Jenson on August 27, 2011, 09:09:52 AM
Quote from: "pupbenny"Ah! JUust as I thought! :) I think it it is good that way. However I did create my own server (I just felt like having Admin power for a bit. lol. The servers not there now.) and it was normal again. However I was Admin rank so that could be why.

No, if you're on a new server with default cvars, it should fire normally. We (and some of the other RP groups) have modified the rifle fire cvar to make it slower, for the reasons I mention above :)
Title: Re: Question
Post by: Paenitet on August 27, 2011, 11:42:26 AM
Ok. :)