The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: John Conner on September 02, 2011, 01:01:28 AM

Title: computer engineering
Post by: John Conner on September 02, 2011, 01:01:28 AM
My computer needs recover disks I was wondering is some one would be willing to create some for me I'm stucl. Ask for further details
Title: Re: computer engineering
Post by: Nuclear_Sunshine on September 02, 2011, 05:25:32 AM
name your OS and it might be possible to create an ISO of the recovery disc.
Does the computer your on have a DVD writer and some form of ISO burning tool?
Title: Re: computer engineering
Post by: Johnf on September 02, 2011, 10:21:23 AM
If you are looking for a general recovery disk try Hiren's Boot Disk - http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd (http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd)

It has tools for data recovery and fixing problems
Title: Re: computer engineering
Post by: Telex Ferra on September 02, 2011, 01:01:36 PM
If you can't restore and want to get your files out, I strongly recommend using another computer to burn a Linux Mint boot disk. This will allow you to boot up into a relatively easy and non-taxing OS so that you can retrieve your files.

Pie helped me by telling me this when my computer broke a year ago.
Title: Re: computer engineering
Post by: Brex on September 02, 2011, 01:06:27 PM
The Telex is wise.
Title: Re: computer engineering
Post by: Taisen-74656 on September 03, 2011, 12:39:39 PM
Quote from: "Brex"The Telex is wise.
But the Pie is wiser. Or so I've heard.

However, there's no better way to save your computer than creating native Windows restore disks right off the bat and backing up your files on an external HDD or in the cloud. ;)
Title: Re: computer engineering
Post by: GSIO01 on September 03, 2011, 02:57:00 PM
I always create at least two drives on Windows computers if I can:
One for the OS and one for data. I then boot up Linux and create an backup image of the windows drive.