The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: nopinky on October 15, 2011, 09:50:13 AM

Title: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: nopinky on October 15, 2011, 09:50:13 AM
When I try to connect to the TLO server with rpg-x, it doesn't see any servers (rpg-x OR any others). But when I run regular holomatch, it sees all the servers. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me? My network speed is normal, upload/download speed is good. I'm runing RPGXCE V2.2 Beta. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: Jenson on October 15, 2011, 10:00:50 AM
I noticed in chatbox you said it was stuck on "Awaiting Challenge"--if you have a firewall, are you certain you're allowing RPG-X to connect to the internet?
Title: Re: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: nopinky on October 15, 2011, 10:15:49 AM
Quote from: "Jenson"I noticed in chatbox you said it was stuck on "Awaiting Challenge"--if you have a firewall, are you certain you're allowing RPG-X to connect to the internet?
We allow all outgoing connections. The firewall blocks some incoming connections, but it was able to connect before... and regular holomatch works, as stated above.
Title: Re: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: Andzzy on October 15, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
Barring the Master Server, there IS a manual way to connect to a given server:

Enter RPG-X ==> Online Roleplay ==> Specify Server

For the Serious Server:
Address: 174.140.161.188
Port: 27960

For the Un-Serious Server:
Address: 174.140.161.188
Port: 27961
Title: Re: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: nopinky on October 15, 2011, 10:24:32 AM
Isn't that weird? I just tried manual connect 1 last time (Before the post above this one was posted) and it worked! If anyone else has this problem, try the things in here (//http://last-outpost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=947) and then try manual connect from the console at the main menu.
Title: Re: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: Jantrix on October 15, 2011, 06:34:59 PM
also, if you see nothing on the Internet 1, change to Internet 3.

This is Kickchats master server I believe, and that has both TLO servers on it
Title: Re: Strange Master Server Problem
Post by: Andzzy on October 16, 2011, 10:41:49 AM
Nancy is correct... the TLO servers do appear on Internet3... so if the Master Server at Internet1 isn't responding, simply switch over to Internet3 and you SHOULD see them... or just connect manually :P. One or the other.