The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Monroe on November 26, 2011, 03:52:53 PM

Title: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Monroe on November 26, 2011, 03:52:53 PM
Having trouble joining server sometimes and it's happening more often now...
I keep getting the following error : CL_ParseGameState : bad command type.

Anyone want to tell me what that means? ^^"
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Jenson on November 26, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
There are certain maps that should not be used on the main server that parse on ioef/iocow. I think the map that was on earlier was rpg_atlantis, and that is what was causing the problem.

If a map is generating parse errors that isn't rpgxef only, then players will need to reload the map. You can help signal that the map needs to be changed by reconnecting with (PARSE) in your name.
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Monroe on November 26, 2011, 07:07:02 PM
Thanks for the info, and yes it was RPG_Atlantis.
I've also noticed the error occuring with USS Ariana and Version 2 of Station Modas, just fyi
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Jenson on November 26, 2011, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: "Monroe"Thanks for the info, and yes it was RPG_Atlantis.
I've also noticed the error occuring with USS Ariana and Version 2 of Station Modas, just fyi

Yes, those are also maps that frequently parse. There was a full list somewhere...but I can't seem to find it atm. Those are the most common ones, in addition to station_iowa
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Eris on November 27, 2011, 04:12:01 AM
Yeah, a "black list" would be a good idea! Also include those in the server rules on the top, so people know which maps they shouldn't callvote for. :) That would be a nice plan.
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Andzzy on November 27, 2011, 09:04:11 AM
Andzzy does agree with the Vorta. Could there be a black list somewhere on the site? Perhaps in guides? However, the MotD on the server is already a fair bit of reading when you first log on. While it would be nice to have the list there, it may actually not get read (unless we put it at the top of the message, but then the important stuff might not get read :P). But the parse errors are annoying. I think the roleplaying makes up for the errors when they happen though ;).
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Monroe on November 27, 2011, 09:47:23 AM
Well I don't get those errorse when running the maps in rpgxEF. Couldn't we reinstate the rpxEF server. Noones ever on WOJ anyway xD
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Jenson on November 27, 2011, 10:00:23 AM
There was an rpgxef map only list somewhere--I'll see if Veritas can make sure to mention it in the upcoming monthly report.

QuoteWell I don't get those errorse when running the maps in rpgxEF. Couldn't we reinstate the rpxEF server. Noones ever on WOJ anyway xD

Well, hardly anyone used the rpgxef server xD Due to us changing hosts soon, however, I believe that our new host will have sufficient memory for us to run 3 servers again, including rpgxef if you can get people to get it set up and to use it regularly :P Stay tuned for more info.
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: Veritas on November 27, 2011, 01:50:31 PM
QuoteNoones ever on WOJ anyway xD

That's not correct at all... at least not from what I've seen. However, we've switched service providers a couple of times in the last month, so I have very little data ATM. At the very least, though, it is absolutely certain that WOJ is far more popular than rpgxEF ever was.

But yes, it is very possible in the future for us to have rpgxEF available. We're looking into all options regarding that.
Title: Re: Can't join server o.O
Post by: SFC3 on November 28, 2011, 06:12:43 PM
oh boy another server! can't wait, because i really want to play on atlantis :D