The Last Outpost

Gaming Divisions => Starbase 1 => Star Trek Online => Utopia Planitia Shipyards => Topic started by: criminula on February 07, 2012, 05:56:12 PM

Poll
Question: Do you have a FED character with a melee weapon?
Option 1: Yes votes: 5
Option 2: No votes: 1
Option 3: Melee weapons? What melee weapons? votes: 0
Title: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: criminula on February 07, 2012, 05:56:12 PM
Hey people. Just wondering, if I'm the only FED character that uses a sword, or any melee weapon. Post here if you do.
NOTE:: SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: Griffwald on February 07, 2012, 06:46:03 PM
Yes, I have melee weapons on my Fed. Usually for the more boring missions I'll put one on to spice things up a little... I've got a couple lirpas, swords, and bat'leths. All top quality, of course. xD
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: GSIO01 on February 08, 2012, 02:21:55 AM
Have a melee weapon two. As Griff said it can spice up things. Also it has been useful against Borg until I got the complete MACO set.
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: Monroe on February 08, 2012, 05:00:33 AM
What GSI said. for those who do not have the special gear, the melee weapons are a good last resort against Borg.
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: Eris on February 08, 2012, 07:07:27 AM
I usually never use any melee weapons, I have the fractal remeowdulator which is 3 seconds quickies. :)
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: criminula on February 08, 2012, 12:21:31 PM
I almoat always carry a sword with me. I found it lying around when I replayed the Doomsday Weapon mission
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: Eris on February 08, 2012, 03:09:30 PM
Yeah, in that weapons crate. Sumtimes you get purrple stuff there, also in Culliseum.
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: SFC3 on February 08, 2012, 04:03:46 PM
Always for Borg, they don't adapt.

It's fun slicing and dicing sometimes, especially the part where you kill B'Vat in "Past Imperfect".
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: Monroe on February 08, 2012, 08:37:22 PM
Oh I prefer big, honking space guns. Especially the pulswave assault weapons, not only do they do AoE. They do sweet AoE.

But yeah when faced with Borg, it's good to have a Bat'leth or a sword, lirpa etc. if you don't have the remodulator.
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: criminula on February 09, 2012, 11:49:35 AM
Firstly, aren't remodulators free from the replicator. Secondly, I use melee weapons on remans, cause my pistol is only mark V, but I'm still addicted to carrying it
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: Griffwald on February 09, 2012, 03:30:15 PM
Yes they are, but you can't always access the replicator. There are also better remodulators that can be obtained via other ways.
Title: Re: Melee Weapons Users
Post by: criminula on February 09, 2012, 03:58:46 PM
Thanks, that should help me when I reach the Borg episodes, right now I'm still dealing with romulans and remans