The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Nifty on March 31, 2012, 05:24:18 PM

Title: Emote menu crash
Post by: Nifty on March 31, 2012, 05:24:18 PM
Downloaded the RPG-XCE client, the 1.1 patch, and a couple of maps. Now everytime I try to access the emote menu, the whole program crashes...any thoughts?
Title: Re: Emote menu crash
Post by: Veritas on April 02, 2012, 05:32:18 PM
Is this your first time installing RPGXCE, or were you installing over an existing copy?

What maps?
Title: Re: Emote menu crash
Post by: Nifty on April 02, 2012, 07:56:29 PM
no, I've installed the CE before, and without any problems...
now the client won't even load up RPG-X, it just goes to holomatch, and crashed when I try to change it...

are there any newer patches besides 1.1? were any of the new addons or maps problematic with anyone else?
Title: Re: Emote menu crash
Post by: Veritas on April 03, 2012, 09:44:25 AM
No, 1.1 is the latest patch.

My first instinct is to have you uninstall and reinstall - make sure the downloaded package is the correct size. Then, slowly reintroduce maps until you're certain everything is working.
Title: Re: Emote menu crash
Post by: Nifty on April 03, 2012, 01:38:32 PM
Scary stuff...I actually did that, whilst keeping all the Baseef files, then pasted them into a new install. Same problem. Now I have a fresh copy installed, and will have to redownload the maps...hopefully one of them isn't the one that's corrupted...
Title: Re: Emote menu crash
Post by: Telex Ferra on April 04, 2012, 03:52:39 PM
Nifty

Use a logarithmic search to determine the troubled file. Move half of your files to a different folder. Then test the half remaining. From there, you'll be able to tell which half has the defective file.

Keep cutting in half until you find the problem.
Title: Re: Emote menu crash
Post by: Nifty on April 04, 2012, 09:27:25 PM
I did something similar, but couldn't find the problem. I again re-installed, now it works alright, except that I can't access the maps on the 23rd century server now...AARGH!