The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Spock on April 19, 2012, 04:01:04 PM

Title: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Spock on April 19, 2012, 04:01:04 PM
So I try to join and it goes to the download screen where it pops up saying it needs to DL sgeranksandclasses.pk3 and then it just bumps to the main menu without even trying to DL.
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Veritas on April 19, 2012, 10:50:11 PM
Hey, was this fixed as per our discussion in the shoutbox? (set cl_allowdownload 0)
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Percy Fawcett on April 20, 2012, 01:57:38 PM
Hmm...

I'm having issues too.

I looked in hmconfig.cfg. and it already says
Quoteseta cl_allowDownload "0"
.

I get as far as "loading collision maps and it sends me back to the main menu.
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Percy Fawcett on April 20, 2012, 01:59:55 PM
BTW, I can get onto the 23rd century server no problem.

I has a confused
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Percy Fawcett on April 20, 2012, 02:07:29 PM
Just noticed... the map is set to Orion-RPG, not the Posiedon.

Don't have the Orion, and can't see it in the downloads section.

Is this my problem?
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Surok on April 20, 2012, 02:34:28 PM
Quote from: "Percy Fawcett"Is this my problem?
Without sidetracking this thread too far, yes I believe so!    :)  
Btw. Whenever you encounter an error like this one, press the key in the top left corner of your keyboard to bring down the console. (Usually ~ or ยง) Scroll up until you see error message(s).

Here's a link to the map rpg_orion:   ;D
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/Orion;106967 (http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/Orion;106967)

(The map requires another map called Aurora which also requires other maps to get all the textures...
http://last-outpost.net/old/index.php?a ... ew;down=17 (http://last-outpost.net/old/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=17) )
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Percy Fawcett on April 20, 2012, 02:37:24 PM
It was the Map.

Colour me stupid
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Surok on April 20, 2012, 02:48:11 PM
No sweat, it takes a while untill you get the hang of things.  :)
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Spock on April 20, 2012, 04:29:55 PM
Yeah, just seems like I have to put the command in each time as I had to put it in today after yesterday
Title: Re: Unable to access Original Flavor server
Post by: Surok on April 21, 2012, 07:45:00 AM
Yes that command only affects the current instance of the game.

To set it permanently, go to: "MainMenu->Configure->GameOptions and set "Auto Downloading" to "Off".
Or, you can also set this option by modifying "*RPG-X2hmconfig.cfg".