The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: criminula on June 09, 2012, 05:34:07 PM

Title: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: criminula on June 09, 2012, 05:34:07 PM
Well, here is what happened to me:

1 - My RP was going fine on the minari map

2 - We switch the map to colony85, and RPG-X crashed to my desktop

3 - The server is changed back to minari, and I try to connect. It crashed to dekstop

4 - I restarted my PC and tried again - No effect

5 - I ran it as admin - No effect

6 - I ran another copy of an old hard disk - Works, but with errors of writing console history, and terrible resolution

I hope i dont have to get everything back again, but I can if necessary
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: Veritas on June 09, 2012, 07:18:46 PM
Have you removed colony85, or is it still installed?
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: criminula on June 10, 2012, 11:51:35 AM
Currently still installed.
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: Veritas on June 10, 2012, 12:48:42 PM
Try removing it, and seeing if that improves things. If it doesn't, a reinstall of RPGXCE might be in order. I would say, though, that it's very likely something else happened in conjunction to your installation of colony85 that is causing this, not the map itself.
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: criminula on June 10, 2012, 04:32:54 PM
I replaced my copy of colony85, and everything seems to be fine now
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: Apprentice on June 10, 2012, 05:08:00 PM
Quote from: "criminula"I replaced my copy of colony85, and everything seems to be fine now
Can you provide a download url to this particular map ??
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: Telex Ferra on June 10, 2012, 11:35:41 PM
Any clue as to what happened? Idk why a faulty map would cause you to crash if you were loading to a diff map.
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: Trevor of Borg on June 11, 2012, 07:18:47 AM
It could be that map file got corrupted.
Title: Re: Colony85 Killed RPG-X [CLOSED]
Post by: criminula on June 11, 2012, 11:43:22 AM
I personally haven't a clue what happened.

@Apprentice
I didn't redownload it, I just copied it from my downloads file again. I think its in the old DL database somewhere, but I cant be sure