The Last Outpost

Member Services => Engineering => Resolved Support Requests => Topic started by: Richard Evans on July 08, 2012, 12:17:36 PM

Title: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Richard Evans on July 08, 2012, 12:17:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm running RPG-X on windows 8, and it did work, but now it doesn't. I keep getting, "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

Anyway to fix this?
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Trevor of Borg on July 08, 2012, 12:46:32 PM
I figure we dont know as not a lot of us run windows 8 yet :D. But it sounds like something with compatbility with the open GL system.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Jenson on July 08, 2012, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: "Richard Evans"Hey Guys,

I'm running RPG-X on windows 8, and it did work, but now it doesn't. I keep getting, "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

Anyway to fix this?

I ran a quick google search and noticed that changing your resolution often solves this error. Might be worth playing around with your resolution settings and see if that's the solution (no pun intended) to your problem.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Martin Thompson on July 08, 2012, 01:18:22 PM
Your probably dont have updated drivers yet. Drivers for your vid card are probably still windows 7 drivers which might not 100% work on windows 8 yet. Best solution is to wait i think, never got this error on windows 7 and ive been workign with it for a few years now :P
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: GSIO01 on July 08, 2012, 04:33:02 PM
Yeah either unsupported screen resolution like Jenson said. Or the GPU drivers are missing OpenGL support or it doesn't work correct as Martin said.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Richard Evans on July 09, 2012, 10:52:35 AM
I have updated my drivers, and changed my screen resolution to the lowest I can, and I still get the same error. Anymore ideas? Is there a way I can config RPG-X to run at a certain screen resolution?

Also, I tried using RPG-XCE, and I got it to work, but the FPS are like at 1 FPS. :/
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on July 09, 2012, 11:10:59 AM
What graphics card do you have? You may need one of the many ATI GPU fixes that come with RPGXCE 1.2 (//http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3856) (members only link).

I suggest downloading that and playing around with the advanced settings in the launcher (particularly the ati ogl fix and exe name) until something works.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Richard Evans on July 10, 2012, 12:09:16 PM
Thanks Veritas, I got it working by using one of the change the exe file fixes. Work beautifully now! Thanks A lot
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on July 10, 2012, 12:48:02 PM
No problem! If you don't mind, what GPU do you have and which filename worked?
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Richard Evans on July 10, 2012, 12:51:56 PM
I'm using AMD Graphics Card on a Acer Laptop. and the Wolf filename worked.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on July 10, 2012, 12:53:23 PM
Thanks - do you know what model of graphics card (e.g. Radeon 6950, Radeon HD X1300, etc)?
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Richard Evans on July 10, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
It's

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz

Hope it helps
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on July 10, 2012, 05:20:07 PM
That's your processor - I need your graphics card.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Richard Evans on July 11, 2012, 10:31:38 AM
ATI Rradeon HD 3200 Graphics (Engineering)

Sorry about that.
Title: Re: RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]
Post by: Veritas on July 11, 2012, 04:09:13 PM
Thanks :)